Anyone Else "Ghetto" Their Machines?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Re: Anyone Else "Ghetto" Their Machines?

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Cool, good idea. I'm going to add that to the list of shit I want to do, but realistically will never get to. It's a long list.

I keep a similar list.... These flippers were right below- shower, brush teeth.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
slavall

Post by slavall »

As a relatively new person to the group and someone who has found the pinball community to be very accepting and welcoming of all, help me understand how the title of this post does not smack of stereotyping, at the very least and possibly racism at its worst, but most importantly how it promotes the inclusion of everyone in the fun that is pinball which I thought was the purpose of the group?
FH, FT, WCS94, R&B, FG
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm sure Tim (ralphwiggum) will respond eloquently, but I can assure you he is one of the most non racist and inclusive people I have met in my 45 years on the planet.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I don't know what to say, honestly. I grew up super poor and spent my entire childhood in what would be considered ghettos.

Simply put, ghetto to me is simply not doing something because you should, but in that rare opportunity because you can.

If you feel the post is racist, my guess is that you personally haven't spent much time in any sort of ghetto. Up until 8 years ago, I spent my entire working professional career working with gangs and extremely troubled/impoverished teens.

Not sure what else to tell you, but if you somehow feel excluded, I apologize for that.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Jesus,

That's it. I'm over it.

Why is everyone so fucking sensitive.

Please go back to pinside where they sensor what you can see, say or think.

We are all adults. This is pinball. It's meant to be fun. If you don't get that then move on.

If your looking for a group that gives hugs and pats you on the back when the ball drains on you and tells you "good job" then this isn't the group for you.

If you looking for a group gives each other a hard time, makes fun of each other, and tells your momma jokes. Then welcome to our fun little group.

I didn't open this thread thinking there was any race, creed, color or prejudice slant to the post or anything that would be in it and I'm sure Tim didn't either.

Guess that means your looking at it the wrong way or your looking for something that isn't there.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:Jesus,

That's it. I'm over it.

Why is everyone so fucking sensitive.

Please go back to pinside where they sensor what you can see, say or think.

We are all adults. This is pinball. It's meant to be fun. If you don't get that then move on.

If your looking for a group that gives hugs and pats you on the back when the ball drains on you and tells you "good job" then this isn't the group for you.

If you looking for a group gives each other a hard time, makes fun of each other, and tells your momma jokes. Then welcome to our fun little group.

I didn't open this thread thinking there was any race, creed, color or prejudice slant to the post or anything that would be in it and I'm sure Tim didn't either.

Guess that means your looking at it the wrong way or your looking for something that isn't there.

Calm down, honkey.... :lol:

The truth is out, I don't like white people.... :twisted:
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Sorry I get a little wound up when people start using the "R" word ESP about a friend. Even though I know you don't care.

This is about pinball. Let's keep it that way.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

ChrisS for president. You got my vote. You can't any worse then what we got now. :)
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

lg40 wrote:ChrisS for president. You got my vote. You can't any worse then what we got now. :)
He would get my vote too, simply because I want to see how long his daily OCD checklist would be... :shock:
Current Collection
slavall

Post by slavall »

I sent a pm to Tim apologizing for any suggestion that he was racist as that was never my intent. Although he said it wasn't necessary, I told him my apology would be made public on the forum as well. Steve
FH, FT, WCS94, R&B, FG
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

It's all good Steve... Welcome to the forums. The internet is great at convoluting a message. There are tons of great people here, even if they appear to be racist :D
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Nice one Steve,

To be fair. Tim hates all people. He only hangs with any of us because he likes our dollars.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Make that 3 votes for Chris! Could you imagine how many pinball machines he could fit in the White house?!
It's hard to top a Chris pinball party but if he gets elected, I'm moving in!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Saw a Facebook post today about a pinball hangout in Minnesota called "The Ghetto"! Your a trendsetter Timmy!
Methos

Post by Methos »

Damn! Not The King too.....