Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
lg40

Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

Post by lg40 »

Anybody else going to the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum this weekend? :D
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Hilton

Re: Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

Post by Hilton »

I will be there on Friday only. Playing in the EM world championship and then all day pinball!
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Cool maybe we will see you out there. We will be there later like about 7:15pm Fri. and are planing staying until Sun.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
chaos

Post by chaos »

I've got some friends from Ann Arbor who are desperately trying to get tickets. Can anyone help them out? Or hook me up with someone who can?
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Just some pictures form the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum. I will be there next year for sure.
Attachments
PM 7.JPG
PM 6.JPG
PM 5.JPG
PM 4.JPG
PM 3.JPG
PM 2.JPG
PM 1.JPG
lg40

Post by lg40 »

More pictures.
Attachments
20160514_122001_resized.jpg
20160513_204443_resized.jpg
20160513_204438_resized.jpg
20160513_195331_resized.jpg
20160513_194727_resized.jpg
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I dont know how you and katie didnt get kicked out of that show for one of katies violent episodes.... those machines seem close enough together for her to be dangerous.... :D
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
lg40

Post by lg40 »

LOL, yeah KD did kick 3 people and stepped on 2 other peoples feet. Everyone was good about it, thankfully!
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks for the pictures. Looks a bit cramped - were there long lines for the machines?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:Thanks for the pictures. Looks a bit cramped - were there long lines for the machines?

I was there on Friday and most machines had NO LINE. I think Clay has ~320 games and only sells 320 tickets for each day.
It is a little cramped to get through the aisles during high times but not too bad. For the most part the A titles always have a person or 2 playing. The other games (the ones you and I like Mark) are all completely open. I played down the entire row of Bally 80s decks without waiting once.

If you ever want to PLAY and check out decks how they are supposed to function, this is THE show to attend.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Methos wrote:Thanks for the pictures. Looks a bit cramped - were there long lines for the machines?
The aisles in the main building are big enough that games on either side can be played pretty comfortably, unless you have a stance that puts you back pretty far. But, with 2 people playing opposite of each other, there's no room to get by them.

But isn't this a glass house situation with you?

I went to Clays thing Saturday. First time I'd ever been there. Definitely worthwhile if all you want to do at a 'pinball show' is play games.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Methos

Post by Methos »

epthegeek wrote:
Methos wrote:

But isn't this a glass house situation with you?

I went to Clays thing Saturday. First time I'd ever been there. Definitely worthwhile if all you want to do at a 'pinball show' is play games.

But I don't sell tickets to my basement. :)

I hope to get there one day. Only so many weekends in the year.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

KD and I thought the crowd wasn't to bad at all. The line to wait for GB was usually one person. We are already planning on going next year and skipping the Chicago Expo.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I'm seriously considering not going to expo this year too. Not because of Clays, just because ... meh.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
lg40

Post by lg40 »

epthegeek wrote:I'm seriously considering not going to expo this year too. Not because of Clays, just because ... meh.
Last time we were there we stayed two days and we just weren't into it. I like looking at the new pins and getting parts, but after that its just not worth it with all the other shows that are out there that have more opportunities to play pinball. We might go there for one day, but no more than that.