OT Atari Race Drivin' Video

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
tullster

OT Atari Race Drivin' Video

Post by tullster »

I need to get this outta here before Winter hits!

Some of you know the story... I've had an Atari Race Drivin' for at least 12 years. A few years ago at work, I was given orders to scrap out two Hard Drivin's (the red one with one track) and one Race Drivin' (the yellow one with three tracks). I scrapped the two red ones, saved the surviving Race Drivin' and brought it home with the bright idea of linking up two Race Drivin's. Long story short, I couldn't get them to link and even if I did, I haven't got the room. I need to get the second one outta here, but will entertain offers for both. I'm fine with keeping the good one and scrapping out the second one if nobody wants it.

The good... It fires up and sorta works. It's got a steering issue that I think is in the board. I've got a bunch of spare parts that includes monitors, boards etc.

The bad... It got pushed outside and tarped, but it's got some water damage and is bloated in spots. It'll be a project, but could be a lot of fun. Also, these things are absolute pigs to move. Don't think for a second that you're going up or down stairs. These are great for the garage. Attach an ashtray and beverage holder and practice your drunk driving skills in the safety of your home!!

Come with a trailer and pick it up as -is, and I'll help you load it. If you want me to get it running good, deliver, throw in spare parts etc. We can make a deal. If nobody wants it, I'll scrap it out and will have enough spare Race Drivin' parts for a couple of decades!

Tully
Race Drivin' 006.jpg
Race Drivin' 007.jpg
Race Drivin' 008.jpg
tullster

Re: OT Atari Race Drivin' Video

Post by tullster »

Not even a nibble... Oh well. I'll throw it up on the MN/WI thread on pinside, wait a bit, then start scrapping it out. At least the working medium resolution monitor and parts will be worth more than the whole thing in one piece.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

My back hurts just looking at those things... LOL
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
tullster

Post by tullster »

Yeah, they're beasts. They have casters, but there's no place good to grab. If you want to go over a threshold or up a ramp it's got to be secured on a 4 wheel dolly. I'm fine with keeping one because it's a cool game, but having two is just overload! At least I'll have enough spare parts so my great great grandkids will be able to play it!

Looking forward to parting it out and getting the extra space!