IFPA Events - Question

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Allmyfriends77

IFPA Events - Question

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

"The following tournaments are active, but not used in this players rankings."

Does anyone know what this all means?

When you look at your profile and at the bottom there is a list of events (ex: Pooley's October 14, 2015) below what I just posted at the top here.

Why wouldn't all of those events not count towards my ranking?

I feel like I'm slipping down the Wisconsin rankings for some reason I can't figure out.
Hilton

Re: IFPA Events - Question

Post by Hilton »

for SCS, ALL events played in the calandar year count towards your WI SCS points and hence your ranking. Even a last place worth small points adds up for SCS purposes. You can double check this by addiding up all your 2015 events and make sure it totals what is show on the WI SCS page (currently 41.01 total 2015 WI SCS points and to make it into the championships you likely need to find enough to bump you up to approx 19th place ; just a guess of some out of staters that will play in other state events)
http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/cus ... php?id=108

For IFPA larger scale purposes, ONLY your top 20 events (by point value you earned) count towards your overall IFPA rank.
Also, over time events degrade in point value and I think afetr 3 years they become worthless. This is to place higher value on recent place over legacy events.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?t=p&p=27521

looking at your personal page, Pooleys form oct 2015 only brought you 0.30 points

Your personal lowest top 20 event point value is currently 0.76 so to improve your IFPA ranking you would have to have a higher point value take his over and kick it down to the no longer used list.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Still a shot to make WI SCS in my opinion. A solid win at Schwoeglers or Pooleys could net you some solid points.

Not too many events left in the current season, but there is a chance.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

now that the points from last weeks Pooleys are in, you are even closer B.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Thanks for the clarification. I'll just keep at it. We'll see what happens.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Allmyfriends77 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I'll just keep at it. We'll see what happens.

Win at Schwoegs this weekend and you will be on the bubble ;)