Shipping options from Denver?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Methos

Shipping options from Denver?

Post by Methos »

Might be looking at getting a pin shipped from Denver. Anybody going out that way, or the alternative is commercial. NAVL seems to be around that $500 range which is high. Anybody use any other carrier lately that was more reasonable? Thanks.
Ken

Re: Shipping options from Denver?

Post by Ken »

Just wait a bit. Hilton is bound to head out there sooner or later. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

no trip planned currently but likely be heading out in Nov at latest.

fedex or ups freight terminal to terminal are my preffered methods.

wrap and strap to a pallet

I could possibly be convinced to head west for Labor day (phish is playing in Denver) if I was getting paid to transport a game ;)
Methos

Post by Methos »

Hilton is saving the day. Just don't tell Ian what is coming - if it isn't a DMD - he thinks its a waste of space.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Tell him when he starts buying them then he can have a say in what is wasted and what is not, although I mostly agree with him.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Methos

Post by Methos »

KingPin Games wrote:Tell him when he starts buying them then he can have a say in what is wasted and what is not, although I mostly agree with him.
Very true. Although, after Pinburgh, I think he realizes the need to keep his skills up on EMs and early SS models.
DirtFlipper

Post by DirtFlipper »

I use STI, and book via Michelle Bianchi at Precision Transport (out of Chicago). (NAVL used to own STI, but sold them off several years ago.) NAVL proper is expensive.

STI will run about $350-$400 for one game, and an additional game will be about $40 more. This is for home pickup and delivery, blanket wrapped, corner board protectors and such. If they can't do the pickup with a semi, then it gets expensive.

If the game can be put on a pallet and taken to a drop-off, then terminal shipping is another option. PilotAir or ForwardAir (which despite the name, uses trucks) are examples. They'll run around $250.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I tried to use Pilot Air one time and they demanded that I needed a business account before they could place an order for me. How do you get around that?