OT: When a Wurlitzer OMT CD juke goes amok

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
cad-kid

OT: When a Wurlitzer OMT CD juke goes amok

Post by cad-kid »

0401151712.jpg
Photo taken last night at the local A & W restaurant. I work on this jukebox when they have problems with it. I believe this was caused by the gripper arm missing the cd upon taking the cd off the player. Although I'm not sure why it went out of adjustment :?:

Many badly scratched cds and 2 that had chunks missing. The mechanism didn’t blow any fuses. This juke is run from 8am-9pm every day to provide background music.

Reinserted the good cds and flipped around the bad ones (so it always has something to place on the platter). I also adjusted the tab that the gripper arm hits when it is at the cd player. Nothing sticky that I can see.
tullster

Re: OT: When a Wurlitzer OMT CD juke goes amok

Post by tullster »

I haven't seen that for a while! Once 1 CD goes in crooked or doesn't land on the platter perfectly, they pile up like that! At least it's not Friday night at 11pm and you've got pissed drunks on your back!!

Easiest thing is that a CD got replaced and wasn't placed in the slot straight.

Worst case is the gripper bow might need to be taken apart, cleaned & lubed. I worked on one of these 1015 type jukes that had the AMI guts once. Same run constantly situation, the gripper bow didn't "snap" into place perfectly when depositing the CD back into the carousel. I took it apart, cleaned it and a very very thin coat of lithium grease to fix it.

Rock-Ola made these type jukes too. Is it a real Wurlitzer?

Good Luck!!

Tully
cad-kid

Re: OT: When a Wurlitzer OMT CD juke goes amok

Post by cad-kid »

Thanks for the insight and advice Tully! This is a genuine Wurlitzer 1015 OMT (with German electronics and hardware I believe)

That's a good idea to teardown the gripper arm, clean and relube. I will stop buy and monitor the situation for a few weeks and see if it continues to work well. If not, I will go back in :twisted: