OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat - $350 (SOLD)

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
u2sean

OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat - $350 (SOLD)

Post by u2sean »

Went to someones place to check out some pins and he's looking to sell his Bonus Baseball from 1962. It's not working - bought it 5 years ago non-working and hasn't gotten around to doing anything with it. Playfield appeared to be laminate with absolutely zero wear. Some rusting on the flap where the ball comes out. Cabinet in average condition for this year - solid but clean. I'm doing him a favor and said I'd see if anyone knows what it's worth (or if anyone would be interested). Thanks guys!

- Sean
Last edited by u2sean on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
u2sean

Re: OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat

Post by u2sean »

Some pix
IMG_1273.JPG
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I don't know anything about these but searched completed auctions on Ebay and found one that sold last month in nice shape fully working for $1200. I also Googled and found one listed on RGP a few years back for $750.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-United-Bon ... 3a9cc47bf4
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

The most desirable pitch and bats are Williams. They used to command 2.5k-3k restored but have fallen quite a bit in the last 10 years just like most EM's.

I would think United parts (other than coils, etc.) would be nearly impossible to find. I've seen tons of Williams pitch and bats over the years but I don't know if I've ever seen a United pitch and bat. Lots of United shuffle bowlers and I believe Williams eventually bought the United shuffle alleys (and just rebranded them).

There is still demand for any pitch and bat game as (generally) older collectors still love them and want them. I'd say maybe around $500 for this unrestored, but I can't see the sides of the game. I've seen the Williams pitch and bat that I own that was once $2,500-$3,000 for $900 unrestored at the Chicago show a few years ago, and it's one of the top pitch and bat games. The lack of any real color in the backglass on this one also drops the value down in my opinion.

Anything is fixable (as long as its complete) so I'm sure whoever buys this will have fun with it!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Todd is spot on.... I love PnBs, and this one in its current condition should fetch between $400-500.... That backglass is completely washed, but overall an average example. Wish I had more room for a couple of different ones, they all play slightly different and they are all unique. of all the things in my basement, my sons and I play the Pennant Fever the most (by far)....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

United Bonus Baseball is a nice game. What Todd says is true. Williams are generally the most desirable P&Bs from this era, but United made some nice games too. United's Star Slugger and Star Super Slugger are among the most desirable 50s P&B. This game has some nice features. Multi-pitch, running man unit and scoring ramps. The back glass actually looks very nice. I believe they are plexi and hold up well. The downside is, it's not very colorful. Also if your considering it, make sure it has it's front legs. They are the mid century dinette style and very hard to find if missing. $350-$500 is probably a fair price to pay if complete as a project. As mentioned demand does seem down on the early stuff these days.
u2sean

Re: OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat - $350

Post by u2sean »

Thanks everyone for the input! I checked and it doesn't have the original dinette style legs - it has some custom made legs that bolt on the outside of the front on each side of the cabinet. It appears complete and will certainly clean up well. If someone wants it for $350 (this is his bottom line, non-negotiable price) please PM me and I'll get you in touch with him. I'd take it on myself just for something new and fun to try, but am kinda out of room at the moment. :(
FrankJ

Re: OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat - $350

Post by FrankJ »

PM sent!
FrankJ

Re: OT: United Bonus Baseball pitch and bat - $350 (SOLD)

Post by FrankJ »

Took a while to coordinate with the seller, but she's home now. Thanks for hooking me up with this. She will clean up nicely.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Glad to hear it finally made it home with you Frank! I figured it might take a bit to work it out - glad to hear that it did. Definitely looked like it'd clean up very nicely. So much for a winter project - you can call it a spring project now. :D
FrankJ

Post by FrankJ »

Almost time to turn to warm weather activities. It will be a fall/winter project.

Got the schematic ordered from PBR. Going to go with woodrail legs on the front. Since the homemade legs are already screwed into the cabinet (and the damage done), I might as well drill it for era-proper legs.

Anyone got a pair sitting around?
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

Ugh, I just sold a nice pair of wood rail legs last weekend. I'm not sure if they would work but Marco sells reproduction mid century style legs for 1960s Williams games. If the length is right it could be a nice correct style replacement. If you're really lucky the bolt pattern may even match up. :D

Congrats on the game, it looks like it will be a lot of fun.