WTB: Taxi - No longer looking

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
DeaconBlooze

Re: WTB: Taxi

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Most B/W DMDs, and Sterns can fit through my window, which actually isn't too bad. I just use a convertible dolly outside, and slide it onto a hydraulic cart. The sys11's are about .5" too wide, so they take the stairs.

The guy on the bottom gets the full weight of the machine to take the first corner up top, then we have to lift over the railing at the bottom. We're usually spent by then, but it turns into one of those superhuman strength stories you read about - you know, where the 90 year old lady lifts a town car off her shih tzu or something. With one final "I choose life!!" roar we can usually get it over and onto level ground.

Now, the head comes off and PF comes out of anything that doesn't go through the window.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

DeaconBlooze wrote:"local manchild crushed under expensive, oversized toy"
With the head removed and playfield out, you've got yourself a built-in coffin!
BigDaddyBanjo wrote:you had to take the machines apart and then pass them over head to the landing from below after taking the hand railing off the stairs.
This was definitely a fun one. Had to take the head of pretty much any game to get it down there, and the first step was about 16" if I remember correctly (watch out for that first step mac, it's a real lu-lu!). Yes - the game had to be lifted up and carried out. I was trading an Embryon for a BK, and after getting BK up the stairs and pulling all the wires from the backbox of Embryon we realized that the only way that game was going to go down was on it's side. He said "I'll take care of it later", which my back was thankful for so we ended up leaving with the game still in his kitchen. :D
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
roffels

Post by roffels »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Congrats!

I move all my Sys11's with the heads off, and the playfields out. I think they're relatively simple to detach/attach the heads. I still hate doing it, but I'd rather do that than get my name in the paper:

"local manchild crushed under expensive, oversized toy"
Definitely.

My first pin, my roommate and I ended up carrying up 3 flights with the legs on. Don't do that. My arms literally stopped working for a day after that.

I ended up taking Taxi's playfield/head/cab up in 3 trips, it wasn't that bad. I suppose it makes me more confident in picking up more pins in the future, regardless of whether or not I have help.