WTB: Taxi - No longer looking

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
roffels

WTB: Taxi - No longer looking

Post by roffels »

Hey all, anyone have a players Taxi that they're looking to sell? I'm not particular as far as Lola or Marilyn.
Last edited by roffels on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foo

Re: WTB: Taxi

Post by Foo »

Check with Paul Reno. He has a Taxi for sale or possibly trade too. It comes with a new pf, ramps and topper. I'm not sure if will want to separate the new stuff or keep it one entire package. You'll have to check with him. Located 53126 area.

renomail@ymail.com
roffels

Post by roffels »

Thanks Foo! I just fired off an email. How's everything in Slinger these days? Part of my old stompin' grounds (I'm from Hubertus)
roffels

Post by roffels »

A bit higher than I want to spend on a Taxi. Looking in the $1200-1500 range.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

roffels wrote:A bit higher than I want to spend on a Taxi. Looking in the $1200-1500 range.
Rusty had one in that general range at last year's MGC. No idea if he sold it or not.
roffels

Post by roffels »

Hilton wrote:
roffels wrote:A bit higher than I want to spend on a Taxi. Looking in the $1200-1500 range.
Rusty had one in that general range at last year's MGC. No idea if he sold it or not.
Wish I would have seen it. Ended up going home with an Elektra but I'd have preferred a Taxi.

Going to look at one tomorrow. Playfield is rough. The whole thing is rough. Price is probably ok. Might be worthwhile just to get an try my hand at airbrushing and getting it to look a little better.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

roffels wrote:
Hilton wrote:
Wish I would have seen it. Ended up going home with an Elektra but I'd have preferred a Taxi.

Going to look at one tomorrow. Playfield is rough. The whole thing is rough. Price is probably ok. Might be worthwhile just to get an try my hand at airbrushing and getting it to look a little better.

Is that Josh's? (Jonogo).... He got one in a trade with Chris S. that was rough all around. If it is the same one and you can get it for a decent price, you could always throw a new playfield in it (the playfield was REALLY rough on that one).....

Russ did sell his at MGC last year.....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
roffels

Post by roffels »

No, I saw Josh's. That was not the Taxi for me.

I'm looking at Pinballplus' today. It's in better shape than Josh's - still has the Mylar over the front playfield. Just some bad touchups in the back, rough inlanes and outlanes.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

PinballPlus (John Ross) is great to deal with, so no worries there. I think I remember pics of it on Pinside and it looked pretty nice.

I've been looking for a nice TAXI for years but most are in fair to pair condition and my standards are kind of high - so nothing for me yet. :lol:

Good luck!
Todd
roffels

Post by roffels »

Thanks!

Pinballplus' Taxi looked worse in photos than in person. There's some touchups that look off, but when playing, they're all things I can deal with. It does need new plastics though, they're gnarly. John is definitely a good guy to deal with.

It's sitting in my car right now, until I can rope some unlucky soul into helping me lug it up 3 flights. I may just take the playfield out, and take the playfield, head, and cab up separately.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

roffels wrote:It's sitting in my car right now, until I can rope some unlucky soul into helping me lug it up 3 flights. I may just take the playfield out, and take the playfield, head, and cab up separately.
Congrats!

Yeah, that's how I used to move every game when I just had a car (body in the back seat, head in trunk). It's much easier with EM's but you can do it with any SS, just depends on the era to determine how much work it is to get it back together.

Cab is much lighter with no head or playfield attached! :lol:
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Congrats!

I move all my Sys11's with the heads off, and the playfields out. I think they're relatively simple to detach/attach the heads. I still hate doing it, but I'd rather do that than get my name in the paper:

"local manchild crushed under expensive, oversized toy"
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

DeaconBlooze wrote:"local manchild crushed under expensive, oversized toy"
Hilarious! Although, that headline in the paper framed up would look kind of cool on the game room wall. :lol:

I don't blame you for taking all your games apart, you have the most wicked turn in the history of pinball to get your games downstairs. My guess is you must bear hug the cabinet to get it around that corner! :o
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

I think the guy that Sean bought a machine from a few years ago from wins that award. He had an old farmhouse and to get them out of the basement you had to take the machines apart and then pass them over head to the landing from below after taking the hand railing off the stairs. Not for the faint of heart or weak of back!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I dug a space station out of a basement in Racine where the guy's stairs curved around and there was a banister. We had to lift the game out at chest level. Thought I was going to have a heart attack after that one was done.