MGC 2015

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Methos

MGC 2015

Post by Methos »

I heard through the grapevine that MGC is more likely than not, not going to occur for 2015 - although it isn't for certain yet. I haven't seen any news on it, so I'm getting nervous. I did not want to post this on Pinside for obvious reasons - anybody know for sure?
tullster

Re: MGC 2015

Post by tullster »

I've heard from a reliable source that it's being worked on and will be announced when it's ready. Gonna be Epic... Again :shock:
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

No offense Mark but I like what Steve heard more. :D
Methos

Post by Methos »

Me too. Tully is connected so I feel better, but my source today was pretty good as well (not as good as the Godfather though). :D
tullster

Post by tullster »

Well, I'll say that as of a few weeks ago i heard things were moving along... It wasn't signed in blood yet. It's amazing how many hurdles there are in putting on an event like the MGC. Show organizers, Politicians, The law, Hotel Management, Rental companies, etc, etc, etc. all have to agree. Not an easy task! I guess we can still keep our fingers crossed and figure we'll know for sure around Expo time.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I agree with Tully FWIW.
goatdan

Post by goatdan »

I heard from a reliable source that Gary and his wife just had their second baby yesterday.

I also heard that the other guy who has been hugely helpful with their web site had a baby a couple weeks ago.

Someone also mentioned that I'm headed to the Sheraton late Wednesday night for two rendezvous... with a whole bunch of key players.

Facebook said, "After a long week for us including finally agreeing to the 2015 MGC contract (news to come!)" last week.

Finally, I heard to keep your calendar open the weekend of April 10th, and the goal is to have everything completely nailed down by October 7th, as our first local cross promotion is slated for that day.

;)

In all seriousness, remember y'all - you can contact me and I can tell you most of what is going on, and I'll be honest about it. I have no reason to lie. I'll just say that we aren't *that* far off from where we usually announce, and we had a lot of fun with Madison already this year, which should hopefully make 2015 not a living hell for Gary and I, which is extremely important for the future of the show. For now, I'll just say that I hope that a lot of people consider joining us the Thursday night before, as Friday seems to be morphing into something really unique. Between friends, it's more or less jump started by our "friends" in Madison, but while the details are still being worked out, it's shaping up to be something different and fun.

Oh, and don't call for room reservations yet. I'm serious about all of the above, and I don't know when the dates for the reservations will open.

Thanks to a friend for alerting me to this!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Have to work April 9th thru 12th! :o

Good thing I get my 4th week of vacation on January 1! 8-)

Dan, remember, if you and your dad need help with Doc Oc I'd be happy to help.
goatdan

Post by goatdan »

Sheraton Buffalo Wings are pretty tasty.

Ken - email me a little closer to the show and we'll definitely talk. I'm not sure what, if anything Steve would need, but I'd love to have more people involved with knowing exactly how to set it up so that god forbid something happens and someone is down with the flu or something that the whole show isn't held up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dan: PM me your primary E-mail address. I have Steve's business card, and he gave me a rundown of the system, but would consider it "doing my part" to backup such an integral person as Steve. No power, no MGC.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Ken wrote:Dan: PM me your primary E-mail address. I have Steve's business card, and he gave me a rundown of the system, but would consider it "doing my part" to backup such an integral person as Steve. No power, no MGC.
You Rock Ken! I love this hobby.
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
goatdan

Post by goatdan »

Ken - I talked to Steve the other day and he thought it was a great idea to have you back him up, so consider it good.

Oh, and for everyone...

midwestgamingclassic.com

Guess it's happening! ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great news Dan! I'll coordinate with him as we get closer. Shadow him and learn all the details.

Really glad you guys are able to continue this great tradition!