FS/FT- Funhouse and Two Skill Pools- Projects

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
ralphwiggum

FS/FT- Funhouse and Two Skill Pools- Projects

Post by ralphwiggum »

I can post pics, but will give a brief overview-

Funhouse- MEGA PROJECT Completely in pieces, cabinet is pretty nice with new decals on the head. The lower cabinet is a nice original. Re-import machine with export serial number. Has been converted and was working before disassembly. All the metal parts have been tumbled. The ramp is unbroken and in nice shape. The playfield has some wear and is in the process of being re-touched up by me (last time I touched it was about 8 months ago). CPU had alkaline leakage, should be fixable. Driverboard had the caps removed, was resetting. This game was working when I took it apart 3 years ago with just reset issues and the alkaline damage on the CPU. Going from memory, no broken plastics. Again, this is a MAJOR project for someone looking to do something with their winter.

Two Williams Skill Pools- Both of them need playfield touchups, one was better than the other. Easy one to restore, all big solid colors. I repainted the cabinet on one of them 3 years ago, and the other one has been untouched. One Skill Pool should be considered a donor for the other (everything is there on both), but the glass is almost completely flaked on one, and the coin door was painted black and was not in the best shape cosmetically. Would need to be gone through completely to make a nice working machine, but one of the two was playable before I put it in storage.

I have zero idea what kind of value to place on these, I would rather trades towards working machines (all ERAs minus EMs right now, unless it was a pretty unique EM), but all solid state for sure. I am not looking to trade for trailer queen beauties, but would consider all conditions of all makes. We can work out perceived values via PMs.... You guys know me, I am not looking to get rich off of you, and I expect the same in return, lets talk bottom dollar when we talk...

I can get pics for those that are serious, but would rather you see them in person first. These are PROJECTS, and larger scale ones at that (well the skill pool wouldn't be crazy if you don't mind playfield wear). I have had these in storage/folded up for over two years, with parts in one area of my house (organized) and the cabinets in my storage unit. I am clearing out my storage this month and would like to see these go. After having about 15 machines in storage, these are the least two (well three) and getting out of that unit would almost feel like a bucket list type of thing, LOL....

Thanks, Tim
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
RustyLizard

Re: FS/FT- Funhouse and Two Skill Pools- Projects

Post by RustyLizard »

Tim,
Do you have a good set of pics before the tear down to aid in putting it back together? I have nothing decent to trade but if you have a cash price in mind for FH shoot me a PM.
Russ
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am also interested in a cash price for FH if you go that route. I currently do not have anything to trade.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

The FH is tempting and would be a great Winter project, but then I thought about it again and that game would probably sit in my queue for a couple more years. Amazing how little time there is for pinball projects when you have a baby in the house. Hope all is well with Otto and the rest of the family!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

Just like everyone else I am also interested in FH, but have nothing to trade currently. If you have a price in mind let us know.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks guys.... If I had to put a sell price on it, I would be at $1200. I cant overstate the amount of work needed to bring this one back. You have to be versed in a lot of aspects of repair to make this worth your time. Board repair, playfield touchups, etc.... I usually do these myself (these are my favorite projects), but with the addition of the third kid and doing work for other people, I am never going to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am on year three of this one, and I think I just need my storage gone for my own sanity.

Russ, I have a ton of pictures you can use as reference (from this one and a couple of other ones I have torn down- I think this is my 3rd funhouse), and there are a ton of playfield swap photos for FH out there on the web.

I have had a LOT of interest from this site (only place I listed it) for an outright sale, but my preference is to add a working machine (short term) into my collection for awhile since my working/project balance is all out of whack again.... I think I am at 5 nice playing and 7 projects....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Also on the Skill Pools..... $250 would take all of it.... Not looking for a trade on these.... I am into them for right around $500 for everything, and that was before I redid the cabinet on the one (it looks great!)....
Current Collection
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

I would take the FH at $1200. Would need a reasonable amount of time to get there. This weekend is out. If that works for you let me know. If you are holding out for a trade I will try and find something that interests you.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

FH is one I would love to own. If it doesn't work out for Rusty, I have a Pharaoh, and Williams Lunar shot (em) I would be wiling to trade. Not sure if Lunar shot is unique enough, but if either peaks your interest let me know and maybe we can strike something up. Pics of Lunar shot are on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/11855

Good luck!
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

FH has tentatively found a new home... I will update this post as things update.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Everything is in a new home.... thanks guys!
Current Collection
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

ralphwiggum wrote:Everything is in a new home.... thanks guys!
Good deal. That storage unit will be clear in no time.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

I picked up my new playfield for Funhouse yesterday. It flew in from Germany on Wednesday. Pretty sweet looking piece of artwork.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Congrats Russ... make sure you get some pics posted when you are done...... "Ya sausage!"
Current Collection
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

I may be interested in the Skill Pools. Are they still available?

Edit: Whoops, after reading a little closer it looks like they have been spoken for. Sorry...