FEB. Pin get together? Lake Geneva, WI

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

FEB. Pin get together? Lake Geneva, WI

Post by ChrisS »

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

So I'm looking ahead to Feb for another Pin get together. Figured I would pole the group. This time I promise Al's Garage band will be working. Reels on WhoDunnit will work correctly. NBAFB will be up and running and my new SS will be in the line-up.

Maybe my Atlantis will be back in the line-up after being out for restore. :roll:

Here are the dates that work. Let me know the conflicts with the leagues and such. Hoping to make it work best for most.

Feb 7th or 8th
Feb 14th or 15th (14th works best for all us sausagefest single guys :shock: )
Feb 22nd

As always 2 guest rooms always open for those that want to make a request to use them

Let me know everyones thoughts.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Ken

Re: FEB. Pin get together? Lake Geneva, WI

Post by Ken »

I vote 8th or 22nd. But I have to work everyone of those dates and will need to trade with a coworker so any date is ok by me.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

SOunds like fun! do we have Feb league host and date yet for Madison?

I do not think either league does Friday nights??? so those would likely be no conflict?
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

i thought we were using the WaunaBowl Tournament as our February meeting.

i could probably make it to Lake Geneva, its about 2 hours from my house, but i consider that a trip to the grocery store almost. (i average about 80,000 miles a year so a 2 hour drive is barely getting started)
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Oh yes, you are correct. Wannabowl tourney is March1st and Feb 22? is the combined MKE and MSN league nights?
tullster

Post by tullster »

Sounds like a great time! Thanks for offering us this party Chris!

I'm not able to do Friday nights, but could maybe do a Saturday.

The State Tourney is Feb 8th at Tom Taylors. I think it's gonna start 1pm, so maybe folks could make the trek to Chris' after that?

We did bounce around having the Madison League at the Waun-a-Bowl on February 22nd. The games will be set up for the following weekend's Tourney, so I offered it as a possible League spot. No final decision has been made.

So I sorta like Feb 8th, but whatever Chris decides I'll be sure to try to make it!

Tully
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

by nmeun87007 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:12 am

i thought we were using the WaunaBowl Tournament as our February meeting.

i could probably make it to Lake Geneva, its about 2 hours from my house, but i consider that a trip to the grocery store almost. (i average about 80,000 miles a year so a 2 hour drive is barely getting started)
It would be great if you made it. You could see that WOF in action.
by tullster » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 am

Sounds like a great time! Thanks for offering us this party Chris!

I'm not able to do Friday nights, but could maybe do a Saturday.

The State Tourney is Feb 8th at Tom Taylors. I think it's gonna start 1pm, so maybe folks could make the trek to Chris' after that?

We did bounce around having the Madison League at the Waun-a-Bowl on February 22nd. The games will be set up for the following weekend's Tourney, so I offered it as a possible League spot. No final decision has been made.

So I sorta like Feb 8th, but whatever Chris decides I'll be sure to try to make it!

Tully

So what time does the Tourney let out? Just thinking about when to start things if we shoot for the 8th.

Sounds like the 8th and the 15th might be the front runners since I would hate to go up against the Waun-a-bowl thing.

Thanks for everyone's input

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm just making an educated guess that the Tourney might start at 1pm... The Start time isn't official yet. It's a 16 player single elimination best-of-seven, so maybe someone who's been in a Pinball Tourney like that can chime in. My hunch is 4 hours.

In theory, it would be cool to have one event after the other, but it's Chris' call.

Sausagefest?!! is that a Sugar Shack thing? I might be dating myself, but is the Clown's Lounge still around?

Tully
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I would think 4 hours at most but it is really difficult to gauge. Jon would likely have the best estimate.
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm setting up the games at Tom's, so I guess I'll have to make 'em mean so if Chris' Party is that day, we can get down there!

And a quick Clown's Lounge search gave me the answer I was wondering about. It explains why the place gave me the creeps!

Tully
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

by tullster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Sausagefest?!! is that a Sugar Shack thing?
No the 14th is Valentines day for any of those keeping score; or those that need to keep score.
And a quick Clown's Lounge search gave me the answer I was wondering about. It explains why the place gave me the creeps!
You took the wind out of my sails Steve.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 24,1276851

I remember when this happened. Is was a teenager and the police chief quickly became my hero. :twisted:

chris
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Hilton wrote:I would think 4 hours at most but it is really difficult to gauge. Jon would likely have the best estimate.
Oh I figured this was something that ran for like 8 hours.

Well then I think the 8th will become the front runner. I the 8th as the best date and if it turns it into one long day of pinball thats cool. I know the last time around I felt like I was chasing a few out of the house since I was going to be headed to the airport the next morning.

This time I would be able to have people stay super late and I might actually get to drink. :shock:

Steve, Do you mind asking how long the estimated time is on the State thing. I assume not everyone goes do they? So there could be a far amount of people that will just come to the party.

chris
Ken

Post by Ken »

Awesome link Chris! I'm sure if I make the state tourney I will be out fast enough to be by you and start drinking by 2P :)
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

jpolfer, your friendly State Championship co-director here.

State Championship starts at 1. The event could take up to 8hrs, with most of the players being able to leave by 4PM.

Tournament starts at 1PM. The 16 competitors are playing up to 7 games per round. Each round could take up to a couple of hours as a worst case due to the number of games and the high caliber of the players. Half of the competitors will be out of the running after that first round though, and there won't be playoffs in the side tournament(s), so most of the attending players will be free of tournament commitments by 4PM.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Awesome link Chris! I'm sure if I make the state tourney I will be out fast enough to be by you and start drinking by 2P :)
we can carpool ;)