Sold My AFM. It was bittersweet

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
noncommittaldave

Sold My AFM. It was bittersweet

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to apologize to any of you guys that didn't get a chance to play this before i sold it. I have spent too much time worrying about the money i have into my games and decided i didn't want to spend any more time or effort on that one. It was tough seeing it leave. My boy asked to play "one last game" before school and i almost had to call the buyer and tell him no but i realized that was a dick move. lol.

Sorry about that. I needed to get that off my chest and didn't want to share with pinside as the guys on here are the only ones i felt like broadcasting that to. I'm glad it's gone now. It was a headache.

I need another game or two, however. :lol:
noncommittaldave

Re: Sold My AFM. It was bittersweet

shoulda put this in the madcity flippers section. oops.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Congrats on the sale, Dave! Now you've got funds for at least 2 or 3 different games if that's the route you'd like to go. And if you absolutely have to have another AFM down the road, you'll hopefully be able to snag a remake.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You should be apologizing to the guys that got to play it before you sold it, what a POS that turd was.... :mrgreen:

I know how it is with kids and attachments to games all too well.... Your boy will get over it, you should feel fortunate that he even plays any of your pins at all. maybe a Lord of the Rings would make both of you feel better :?:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
noncommittaldave

thanks, guys. Ya, a LOTR would help ease the pain. :o

The boy got over them all but i still get occasional "I wish we still had" comments about Jokerz!, Champion Pub and Judge Dredd. Nobody misses Twilight Zone. :roll:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I miss tz :)
noncommittaldave

Hilton wrote:I miss tz :)
You should have bought it at the deeply discounted price i offered it to you for then. Nah, you shouldn't have. It was better for my pocketbook in the long run. :lol: :ugeek:
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Just my opinion here but LOTR is going to be another overpriced game that you will get tired of in a hurry. There are a lot of fun games for less money. by the way I put dibs on that AFM the day you got it. I will dig up the PM I sent you. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

RustyLizard wrote:Just my opinion here but LOTR is going to be another overpriced game that you will get tired of in a hurry. There are a lot of fun games for less money. by the way I put dibs on that AFM the day you got it. I will dig up the PM I sent you. :)
I think I called dibs before he picked it up ;) The again, I call dibs on everything.

I shoudl ahve bought the TZ when I had a chance. I regret not getting it.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Hilton wrote:
RustyLizard wrote:Just my opinion here but LOTR is going to be another overpriced game that you will get tired of in a hurry. There are a lot of fun games for less money. by the way I put dibs on that AFM the day you got it. I will dig up the PM I sent you. :)
I think I called dibs before he picked it up ;) The again, I call dibs on everything.

I shoudl ahve bought the TZ when I had a chance. I regret not getting it.
I forgot I called dibs before Dave knew he was getting it. :mrgreen:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

LOL. Great idea!!!

Hey Dave, "Dibs" on whatever you buy next ;)
noncommittaldave

Hilton wrote:LOL. Great idea!!!

Can i just start calling you "dibs" from now on? It has a nice ring to it. :twisted:
noncommittaldave

ralphwiggum wrote: I know how it is with kids and attachments to games all too well.... Your boy will get over it, you should feel fortunate that he even plays any of your pins at all. maybe a Lord of the Rings would make both of you feel better :?:
The boy does like LOTR. Did i mention that already? :twisted: I like it, too. I'm not going to lie. :mrgreen:

I sold the AFM to Ben Heck and he agreed to give me the old playfield. I told Dom I would make him a table out of it and that i would put some led christmas lights under the inserts and he seemed to cheer up a bit. :mrgreen:
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:LOL. Great idea!!!

You should totally buy Dave's 4MBC - Hilton could use an EM. :)
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

Everyone should have an EM!!!

Congrats on the sale Dave! You & the family will get over it.