Geeks mania - Madison

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Geeks mania - Madison

Post by ChrisS »

What's this place all about?

http://www.geeksmania.com
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
BigDaddyBanjo

Re: Geeks mania - Madison

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Geeks Mania is an arcade just down the road from Schwoeglers. They have lots of classic arcade games and a whole room of pins. Great place to go and hang out! Give me a call if you decide to check it out, and Brodde and I will meet up with you if we can!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

Just found out about this a couple weeks ago, was really surprised it wasnt ever mentioned here. Looks like they have some decent games there too. Cant wait to go check it out sometime.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I just heard that as of today, Geeks Mania is changing from free entry and coin drop to a $15 admission fee:

http://www.geeksmania.com/
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

Interesting. Id much rather have coin drop, but I guess it will be nice to just play as much you want. No just going in for a quick few games though now.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Funny to see this thread after I posted my intro thread :) Geeks Mania is kind of what got me into pinball. The $15 entry fee has kind of rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I, for one, went there on my lunch breaks when it was coin drops (I live on the other side of town). Now I have to plan more time to get $15 worth of pinball, which won't take long for me lol, but still, it kind of takes away from the drop-in-to-play impulse. They just added Cirqus Voltaire and Theater of Magic in their line-up, which I would love to play at some point. Most of their machines are in really great playing condition. Lots of updates, and generally well kept.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

The entry fee seems like a bad idea. I just found out about this place, and it's about 1 block away from where I work. I don't have a lot of time, but popping in to play a few games was appealing to me.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

DeaconBlooze wrote:The entry fee seems like a bad idea. I just found out about this place, and it's about 1 block away from where I work. I don't have a lot of time, but popping in to play a few games was appealing to me.
Their pinball room is really nice. They have about 2 dozen pins there and it was great to be able to spend a few bucks during lunch hour or between appointments. It was really fun while it lasted, and I should be grateful that they were coin operated for at least some time, because that's how I got hooked in the first place.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Well, if you don't already know, Schwoegler's is only a short distance away. They offer games on coin drop, and there's a really good variety over there.

I'll still try to give geeks mania a try, but the entry fee prohibits me from doing that over lunch or on my way home.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Yep, was just there today. I'll be heading there a bit more often since like you, I don't have much more than 30-40 minutes.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

My wife and I dropped in on Geeks Mania when it was coin drop. We don't get out often enough (or long enough) to justify a door charge arrangement, but I could see that being reasonable if you went to play for an afternoon, ala Galloping Ghost. It's not hard to play 20+ games if you have an afternoon and some tables you really like.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Was at Geeks Mania today and it seemed like there was a steady stream of people coming in. I definitely played more than $15 worth of pinball but they didn't have TWZ, Walking Dead, Addams Family, or Game of Thrones. I don't know if i care for them removing the "nice" pins as the whole reason i went there was to play TWZ. They said they were bringing back Walking Dead and Addams Family next week.

There were about 20 pins though. I spent a lot of time on Theater of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, and LoTR.
JimS

Post by JimS »

Spose I should introduce myself. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Addams, Twilight, and PBR that were in the arcade are mine. The change from Coin Drop to the current Admission System happened fast, and I felt pulling those machines would protect my investment in them. The Bride of Pinbot 2.0 has already seen 120 plays since it came back online Thursday Morning (broken Flipper) for reference. Since this is a hobby for me first and formost I just wasn't ready to see extremely heavy play on the above titles. Don't see many Admission Based arcades with this large of a pinball collection often...

My understanding is that the other router will be placing their TWD and TAF soon for those looking to play those titles. I still have 9 or so pins in there as well as around 25 arcade games (depending on how you count those Rushes).

Working with the Geeks has been a fun experience so far and they are doing an incredible job trying to resurrect the Arcade of Old. In the meantime, I actually have games back at the house to play, which is a plus!

~Jim
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Thanks for posting and clearing that up Jim. TWZ and Addams Family were the ones i played most when it was coin drop. I'm not sure how all that works but i appreciate you giving us the opportunity to enjoy all those great pins. I would have done the same if i were in your position. TWZ was really fun while i had the chance to play it. I was looking forward to getting some heavy play on it yesterday when i went! That pin was ruthless lol.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

They just added the Medieval Madness remake to their pinball room. Really excited to get the opportunity to play this! Seems like they're doing alright to be able to bring one in.