FS: 1959 Pinch Hitter Deluxe - $1800 (SOLD)

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
u2sean

FS: 1959 Pinch Hitter Deluxe - $1800 (SOLD)

Post by u2sean »

I have a 1959 Williams Pinch Hitter Deluxe that I'm looking to sell, so figured I'd post here before going to Pinside, MrPinball and CL.

This is one of the great woodrail P&B titles. Multiple pitches (fast/curve), two player, woodrail, running man unit, etc. I've gone through this just a little bit - it plays great in both 1 and 2 player modes!

The Good: works and plays well, solid cabinet with fairly vibrant color, brand NEW red ramps (trying to find these was a challenge), new rebound rubber, bat cover replaced, playfield really clean. Will include extra parts I have (additional rebound rubber, 2 of the old ramps)

The Bad: Backglass - I'd rate it a 4 out of 10. The Home Run plexi above the playfield is broken in the upper corners. Note that both of these are available from Shay. Legs could also use a repaint. No schematics.

Like I said earlier, I haven't done very much to this. It could still use some light cleaning inside the cabinet, a few sockets fixed, and some time spent adjusting and tweaking to get it playing great. Someone could take it as-is and play and have a great time. This really is a fun game!! If you're looking to fully restore one, this would certainly be a great candidate for that. Looking to get $1800 out of it. I'm located on the west side of Madison. If you'd like additional info or have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

- Sean

In addition to these few pictures, more can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskdWbKnF
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG
Last edited by u2sean on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
pinball4ever

Re: FS: 1959 Pinch Hitter Deluxe

Post by pinball4ever »

This is a great game. I can't believe you found new ramps, that's awesome! This looks almost exactly like my 1958 Short Stop Deluxe, which I wouldn't sell for a million bucks so your price is great! :D

I had a similar condition backglass on mine for years and finally found a decent deal on a new Shay glass. It made my game look like new! Best investment you can make from a visual standpoint.

Great seller! Someone needs to buy this right away as the Williams pitch and bat games of this era rarely come up for sale and are very desirable by collectors. :o
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Honest question. Is this way under priced?

I thought these were typically closer to 2500-3k even with a 4/10 backglass?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

You may want to reach out directly to Tom Taylor as I seem to remember he was looking for this exact P&B at one time?
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I think that's what they typically go for restored with a nice backglass. It wouldn't take too much effort to get this one looking sharp! Good idea on contacting Tom Taylor!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Very cool game at a more than fair price! Man, I'd be tempted if Theran were a few years older.

If the backglass is a concern to anyone I'm sure you could have it redone at bgresto.com for $200-$250 or so.

Good luck with the sale!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Just spent a little time cleaning up the strike and score mechanisms and it's playing well now. Video of it in action: https://youtu.be/rX7KOxAltLM
Questions, just ask!