Setting up a Stern for 1 ball tourney

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Setting up a Stern for 1 ball tourney

Post by ChrisS »

Hey Dudes.

What's the best way to set up a 1 ball tourney at the house. I was thinking for the ballers event I would pick 1 stern and make it a 1 ball machine. I guess I would just tell everyone to bring a pile of quarters to plug that machine? Then just pay out what is in the machine at the end of the night.

Has anyone done something similar for a party you have hosted.

May do the same thing for the open pinball party I'm planning.

Thoughts?

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Re: Setting up a Stern for 1 ball tourney

Post by Hilton »

Put it on tournament mode. set to 1 ball. set the cost per game to .50 or $1 or whatever.
I think all new Sterns can be set to 10 character initial entry, so do that? Then people can put in their whole name if needed.
Also in settings if you can have more high scores then do that it you want more than GC and 1-4 after that to be used.

Always a fun time.
tullster

Re: Setting up a Stern for 1 ball tourney

Post by tullster »

In addition to what Hilton said... Lower the high scores. Depending on the game, maybe start with Grand champ at 20 million. Then 1st at 19 million, 2nd at 18 million etc. You'll then need to then reset high scores to get the lowered scores to stay. 10 initial entry is a cool feature.