MAME Pedestal reference

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
bmaster31

MAME Pedestal reference

Post by bmaster31 »

Hey guys,
I know this is the pinball forums, but you guys seem to know a ton about home arcades in general and I wanted to tap into that knowledge for a reference. My family is looking to add a MAME 4-player pedestal to the game collection at the house up north. We would be looking to buy it fully functional and loaded with games. A new build that we could set options for would be preferred, but we would also purchase something already built and ready for pickup. Just wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on a local place/individual to purchase from.

Thanks!

p.s. if this is in the wrong sub, mods please move or I can delete/re-post.
Fortytwo

Re: MAME Pedestal reference

Post by Fortytwo »

A buddy of mine custom builds these professionally out of Knowlton WI. Between Stevens point and Wausau. His name is Dave and he operates dream home arcades. I drooled over his tron one with light up buttons and trackball. Give him a call and swing by when your in the area. Super nice guy and builds quality machines.
Ed

http://www.dreamhomearcades.com/home.aspx
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I have probably built 50 mame machines throughout the years. I have done a couple of pedestals, some showcases, some cocktails, etc.... I have known of Dave's work for a long time and can vouch (based on what I have seen) that he does an excellent job with these. I don't think you can go wrong with him.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I currently have one of Tim's old MAME machines and I can vouch for his knowledge.

Although, he did leave Gal's Panic off of it so maybe I should question his knowledge. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:I currently have one of Tim's old MAME machines and I can vouch for his knowledge.

Although, he did leave Gal's Panic off of it so maybe I should question his knowledge. :lol:

Shouldn't you have a 2nd mame machine in your garage?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

You have another one to get rid of? :roll:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

If RalphWiggum says this guy is standup he is for sure. Ralph(Tim) built me my cocktail MAME and people still try to buy it to this day. It is awesome.
Plus, Tim has never steered me wrong in 16 years...That Tron MAME does look pretty sweet! Good luck! :D