Ball trough issues - Goldeneye - SOLVED!

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
ralphwiggum

Re: Ball trough issues - Goldeneye

Post by ralphwiggum »

bmaster31 wrote:so i just noticed your profile says your in Helenville, so from town center its a 40 min drive to my house. If your still willing to make the drive out I would gladly get you a case of your favorite beverage, food, and\or cold hard cash! :)

Thanks!
Brandon

No charge at all man.... I just gotta find a free moment to sneak out there. I will shoot you a PM.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Tim's a pretty busy guy but I know he likes dollar bills........ He takes from me at league night all the time. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

Just a quick update. After more tinkering with the switches I got the problem to happen less. I think I fixed the ball 2 slot, but the ball 4/5 slot seems to still be very sensitive. I have ordered 5 replacement switches with diodes that should be here this week, but as a total newb I would love to have Tim or any other experienced guy come give me some tips and pointers.

Thanks!
Brandon
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

EDIT: filed down the tip of the nut driver and got it to fit. The project is back on. Fingers crossed I don't screw anything up! :)

So I thought I was all primed and ready to replace my trough switches tonight... well the 1/8" nut driver wont fit into the opening to get those recessed screws out. Do any of you know of a specific brand that carries a 1/8" nut driver with a super thin "surround" (not sure of the technical term)? I picked up the thinnest needle nose pliers i could find as well and I can get a slight grip on the recessed screws but I feel like I'm doing more damage than I am actually spinning them. So any recommendations on a specific tool or a different method that I'm not thinking of would be great. (you can see the recessed screws I'm talking about in my pictures from a previous post)

Thanks!
Brandon
bmaster31

Re: Ball trough issues - Goldeneye - SOLVED!

Post by bmaster31 »

Just replaced all 5 trough switches this morning and my tests have shown that the issue has been resolved! Thanks for all your input and suggestions, I had a lot of fun diagnosing and finally correcting the issue. Learned a lot on this repair and look forward to learning more as I tackle other issues on other machines. Don't you just love that warm fuzzy feeling when things are working as intended!

Thanks!
Brandon
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Congrats! Repairs are even sweeter for us noobs. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Congrats on the fix. Hang on to those old switches, at some point, you may need them. Sorry I havent found time to swing out there, but it sounds like you got it going. Congrats! Your willingness to explore will be a great strength when it comes to collecting machines. If it is one thing pinball machines do, it is that they break.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix