Ghostbusters.......

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: Ghostbusters.......

Post by Hilton »

Madison Pinball has a PRO on order that should be one of the first off the line.

We will have it on route as soon as we get it and be hosting a launch party!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Dead Flip is streaming the game live from the stern floor. Looks awesome.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

TomGWI wrote:Dead Flip is streaming the game live from the stern floor. Looks awesome.

dang it, i missed it.

edit: i asked a silly question about how it looked but i see you already mentioned the awesome part. :shock:

Did the hologram thing look cool, too?
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

They only played the pro, so no hologram. I'm very curious to see how that looks..

I missed most of it, but it did seem to have shorter ball times than I expected, which I like.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
noncommittaldave

Attachments
tumblr_lp2qx5l5uD1qa9yvvo2_500.jpg
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Serious question did anyone watch the whole video? do they change camera views at all? I am not sure who Jack danger is, but he is freaking unwatchable. I made it through the first 10 minutes of the video and had to turn it off- which sucks because I am genuinely interested in the development of the game.

I will say when phucktard wasn't talking about his tiny hat, the audio from the machine sounded really good.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I caught a majority of it... Luckily I'm pretty good at tuning annoying people out.-Somehow the most loud and obnoxious people at work seem to get cubes next to mine so I'm fairly used to it :evil: At least Jody wasn't as annoying as he usually is. Sucks that those guys talk over the audio and callouts so much of the time!

As for the game itself I think it looks great! I love the fast/tough layout and there are a lot of things to shoot at. For a Pro the game looks loaded! Usually they strip out things like spinners and drop targets and lighting but I was pleased to see all of those things included. The big disappointment for me was the right ramp. As far as the shots go they look great. The orbit shots look fun as hell to shoot! The left orbit with the spinner looks tough and satisfying and the right orbit just screams around. I also thought Slimer looked like a great bash toy. I thought the sound/callouts/music were all great. Just hoping the modes aren't too linear.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Premium LE gameplay to see the stuff we haven't really seen in a game before. The magnet slings, under playfield ramp, and hologram ghosts all have potential to be really cool but we won't know until we see them.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
noncommittaldave

ralphwiggum wrote:Serious question did anyone watch the whole video?

The fedora guy pissed me off too much to watch the whole thing. :shock:
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

I thought the pro looked pretty good. I have a few concerns with the premium that I want to see. Will the Magnet slings be any good compared to normal slings? Will the ball going below the playfield and coming up via VUK slow the play down and make it more stop and go? Really concerned these 2 things may make the pro a better buy.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Watched a bit more of the youtube video.... I dont like the right ramp at all on the Pro. I am super jacked to see the magnetic slings on the Premium.... Regular slings are fairly boring and predictable. I think the slings on the Premium will be awesome..... Can you imagine a "ghost" grabbing the ball right by the flipper, holding it, and then dropping it or throwing it..... It would be awesome if done right, and the theme lends itself to stuff like that.

I think having Slimer block multiple shots and not just go up and down is the one thing being overlooked by most people. That alone, makes the Premium standout when comparing to the Pro. You are essentially adding three more shots to the game just by having him move. I am also surprised by how fast this game plays just on that video shown, I thought it may be a bit stop and clunk, but the ball is everywhere on this.

I can't wait to get the Premium, I really think it is going to be the cats Pajamas.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

TomGWI wrote:I thought the pro looked pretty good. I have a few concerns with the premium that I want to see. Will the Magnet slings be any good compared to normal slings? Will the ball going below the playfield and coming up via VUK slow the play down and make it more stop and go? Really concerned these 2 things may make the pro a better buy.
I don't think there is actually a VUK for the ramp, I think it is gravity fed?-This would be a good thing to make the game faster. My guess is that slow balls are ejected from the scoop below? -I'm not sure on this though. Here's a pic
Attachments
GBPremiumunderside.jpg
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

ralphwiggum wrote:Watched a bit more of the youtube video.... I dont like the right ramp at all on the Pro. I am super jacked to see the magnetic slings on the Premium.... Regular slings are fairly boring and predictable. I think the slings on the Premium will be awesome..... Can you imagine a "ghost" grabbing the ball right by the flipper, holding it, and then dropping it or throwing it..... It would be awesome if done right, and the theme lends itself to stuff like that.

I think having Slimer block multiple shots and not just go up and down is the one thing being overlooked by most people. That alone, makes the Premium standout when comparing to the Pro. You are essentially adding three more shots to the game just by having him move. I am also surprised by how fast this game plays just on that video shown, I thought it may be a bit stop and clunk, but the ball is everywhere on this.

I can't wait to get the Premium, I really think it is going to be the cats Pajamas.
I'm really excited to see the Premium as well! It's awesome to see Stern thinking outside of the box and doing stuff different than they have in the past. The Ghost slings are an awesome concept and I hope they end being a must-have feature! I can't think of a better theme to put them on and I'm surprised no one has tried doing these in the past. Moving Slimer could also be really cool depending on how well he is implemented. I'm hoping he'll do stuff like taunt the player when he's blocking the ramp.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

MikeS wrote:
TomGWI wrote:I thought the pro looked pretty good. I have a few concerns with the premium that I want to see. Will the Magnet slings be any good compared to normal slings? Will the ball going below the playfield and coming up via VUK slow the play down and make it more stop and go? Really concerned these 2 things may make the pro a better buy.
I don't think there is actually a VUK for the ramp, I think it is gravity fed?-This would be a good thing to make the game faster. My guess is that slow balls are ejected from the scoop below? -I'm not sure on this though. Here's a pic

I think you are right.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

yeah, reading up a bit, what I gathered is essentially that ramp is like disaster drop on Whitewater. But there is also a diverter underneath to grab balls and lock them from below, as to kick them out later during a mode.
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, two hours of gameplay footage. I skipped hat guy talking, thanks for the tip. :)

What don't you like about the right ramp, Tim?

I haven't seen video of the Premium. So Slimer "rotates" on the Premium according to the features matrix. Do they mean it moves laterally?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses