Ghostbusters.......

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
cad-kid

Re: Ghostbusters.......

Post by cad-kid »

Went to the Stern factory yesterday with RustyLizard & Fortytwo. The tour was great! Unfortunately they didn't have a finished Ghostbusters to show us :cry: as that machine was in another area getting prepped for Dead flip.
Click on the photos for the large version. The Sony RX100 did an awesome job.
DSC02539.JPG
DSC02538.JPG
DSC02545.JPG
DSC02549.JPG
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pretty cool!

what were you guys picking up at the Factory?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote:Wow, two hours of gameplay footage. I skipped hat guy talking, thanks for the tip. :)

What don't you like about the right ramp, Tim?

I haven't seen video of the Premium. So Slimer "rotates" on the Premium according to the features matrix. Do they mean it moves laterally?

That ramp is a flow killer..... You shoot the right ramp, you have to wait for the ball to go all the way to the left, bump into the one way gate and then roll back to the right and then down to the lane. That is going to make that shot take a long time. The only benefit I could see to it would be multiball when you are trying to clear some space....I would hit that ramp and send a few up there just to give me room to work with the other balls while the ones on the ramp make the long journey.

Slimer moves side to side on the premium to block shots, not just up and down. Fairly big difference from a gameplay perspective.
Attachments
8a.jpg
9a.jpg
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Gotcha, it's not the ramp itself so much as the path.

I don't like those one-way half-width gates that Stern uses. Every time I saw the one on the right in the hat guy video it irked me that what should have been a very quick return to the flippers became a wimpy bounce-and-dribble.

I saw Slimer move up/down in the hat guy video, just hadn't seen reference to him moving side-to-side in the Premium. I agree, a moving shot blocker on the Premium is a very cool added feature. I love the timing required to hit your shot with blockers like that.

I'm the only one in the world who loves Mick on a Stick, so the Premium is right up my alley. I'd be happy to spend my time swearing at Slimer. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

The game looks insanely fast, so really there is plenty of flow, even with the Pro right ramp, but here is that ramp in action-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbA5ZH ... tu.be&t=56

Slimer looks incredible, there is a lot that can be done with him.....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

Why does Keith make every game look easy?

Gotta hand it to Trudeau, he tires to mix it up on each game. Some hit, some miss, but he's more innovative than some of the others out there.

This game looks like it plays sweet.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Watched and playeda bit at TPF. Fun game! Art looks even better in person. Code is there already but needs polish obviously. Really looking forward to the Pro and playing it more in the near future.

In case anyone missed it, john t confirmed the laser beams will be an aftermarket add on mode available from stern. Supposedly for all three games. Each game will have holes in the pf to accept the mod.
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

Hilton wrote:pretty cool!

what were you guys picking up at the Factory?
Thought I would be a good day off and take a tour. Little did we know a few days prior hey announced GB.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Awesome tour guys and thanks for the pics! Is the Aerosmith shirt foreshadowing?
Also, I played the pro GB extensively with Dave Daluga in Vegas...good luck even getting that shot up the right ramp too often. It is super tight. Ok, maybe, if you are Ralph Wiggum, then I would be fine. I have seen what he can do on Rescue 911...and he also blinds his opponents with strobing lights. :o
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

I wore the Aerosmith shirt on purpose. Seeing if I get a reaction. Jody did ask me how big of a fan I was. My wife does have a wings shoulder tattoo.
Second question was would I buy a game.
Answer is; as long as it rocks and does not follow the bands bad track record of merchandising games. Both pc and arcade.
Yes

Fortytwo.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Tim E wrote:and he also blinds his opponents with strobing lights. :o
It's more the dazzling wit and jaw-dropping good looks, but don't tell him I said so. :?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Ken

Post by Ken »

Chris K wrote:
Tim E wrote:and he also blinds his opponents with strobing lights. :o
It's more the dazzling wit and jaw-dropping good looks, but don't tell him I said so. :?
You obviously haven't played his Rescue 911. :)
My retinas are still healing!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You guys are lucky I have them pointed upwards to keep them out of your eyes. They can shoot up to a 1/2 mile..... Best $20 I have ever spent on a pinball item :)

http://amzn.com/B00CPGGZNS
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

ralphwiggum wrote:
That's about "ghetto" as you can get.

;)
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Methos wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:
That's about "ghetto" as you can get.

;)
Challenge accepted.... i have an idea for goldwings that uses two propane torches..... :)
Current Collection