Ever have this happen.

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
lg40

Ever have this happen.

Post by lg40 »

KD and I were out and about and heard about a pinball at the Holiday Inn in Fond du Lac. So we decided to play it. It was a Fish Tales. Its flippers were strong but the ball launch was the flipper button. ( yeah kinda wierd). As KD was playing her game she says "aaaa Donovan, where's the flipper button" I looked down and there it was laying on the floor. I tried to put it back before she lost her ball but it was too late. I mean, I maybe can understand if the flippers are weak but when the flipper button comes off wtf. Its just so sad. It like seeing a neglected dog at a neighbors house sitting out in the cold with no food or water. :cry:
Attachments
20160305_192849_resized.jpg
20160305_192857_resized.jpg
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
ralphwiggum

Re: Ever have this happen.

Post by ralphwiggum »

Those are the best kind of machines to make offers on. That is an easy fix once it is back at your apartment.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Had it happento cuue ball i had a route. Simple fix, just needed a new button.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

ralphwiggum wrote:Those are the best kind of machines to make offers on. That is an easy fix once it is back at your apartment.
I've called these guys once before about buying one of there machines. The answer is always no. :evil:
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This actually happened to our AMH on route as well - flipper button came loose and popped out. Thankfully, the guy was nice enough to give me a call and let me know. I like easy fixes! :) Stern has gotten smart about this happening, they now hold down that locking nut with a large washer screwed into the cabinet.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
lg40

Post by lg40 »

u2sean wrote:This actually happened to our AMH on route as well - flipper button came loose and popped out. Thankfully, the guy was nice enough to give me a call and let me know. I like easy fixes! :) Stern has gotten smart about this happening, they now hold down that locking nut with a large washer screwed into the cabinet.
Yeah, I let them know they had a problem with there Fish Tales right away.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

My AMH came loose at a party. Tightened them up before any damage was done. No big deal. Suck if you wanted to keep playing FT though.
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

How could someone keep this from happening. Set screw through the flipper nut?
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Fortytwo wrote:How could someone keep this from happening. Set screw through the flipper nut?
Washer held in place with a set screw that pinches the flipper nut tight up against the cabinet to keep it from rotating.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
lg40

Post by lg40 »

u2sean wrote:
Fortytwo wrote:How could someone keep this from happening. Set screw through the flipper nut?
Washer held in place with a set screw that pinches the flipper nut tight up against the cabinet to keep it from rotating.
Yeah that would be a good idea.