SOLD: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4100

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
jediturtle

SOLD: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4100

Post by jediturtle »

Dropping the price to $4100.

Up for sale or trade is my ST:TNG. I've gone back and forth about letting it go for a few years now and figure now may be the time, but I will happily keep it if I cannot get a good trade or price for it. I had a trade feeler ad up for it a couple years ago on Pinside that you can reference here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... considered

Lots more pics can be found here:
http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jeditu ... t=4&page=1

Please ignore some of the wants listed as that was awhile ago. The pictures are also from about 2 years ago and I can take fresh ones if needed, but honestly it looks pretty much the same. I do need to take a couple as I noticed a bit of ghosting around the right orbit lock insert that wasn't captured in the pics that I want to make sure to document.

The biggest difference from back then is it now has the full LED kit from Pinballbulbs (tweaked it to make it less blue and use more frosted) and the GI OCD board to make the shields and other dimming work perfectly.

I would describe the condition as very nice player's quality. It's definitely not CQ or HUO or any other acronym, but it's a good machine. The playfield is nice with just a bit of insert edge wear. A couple plastics are cracked. The ramps are cracked, but only cosmetically and are pretty much hidden by the protectors. Cab is pretty nice overall, but does have minor bumps and bruises. Like I said, CQ it's not, but with a new set of plastics and ramps, it wouldn't be too far off.

It plays perfectly, has been reliable, and is pretty clean. I gave it a full top side plus subway tear down a few years ago. It hasn't gotten a ton of play since then, so it's still pretty clean and fresh and I've given it a quick clean and wax a couple times since. It hasn't given me any issues with optos, trough, etc for a few years now. No nightmares with this one!

I added a bunch of mods when I did the shop job...both Hallmark ships, Mantis ramp and subway protectors everywhere, plastic protectors, target decals, backboard decal, new cannon covers with domes (from the guy that makes the laser cannons...same nicer looking mold but without the lasers), new better Borg windows, third pop-bumper cap, extended stainless steel lane guides (because I'm a cheater, but will include the originals), and cliffy colored post sleeves. I think that's everything. It came with a cliffy protector already on the neutral zone.

Please note that the GI OCD board does interfere with the Hallmark ships lighting properly. The Romulan ship lights kind of come and go and the Klingon doesn't light at all. This is a known issue with using them with the OCD board and someone on Pinside did come up with a fix that involves bypassing the OCD board for them. I just haven't taken the time to do it.

I am pricing it at $4100 and am pretty firm there for now. Trades I am looking for are Game of Thrones pro, Metallica pro, TWD pro, TAV LE (blue or Hulk), TF LE (or maybe pro+cash), POTC. I may consider a few others as well, so feel free to send me ideas, but I'm pretty set on those or cash at this point. Subject to change. :)

Thanks!
Chris
bc2832abc0baf1774dd3a3f94488980d8e298dc5.jpg
ad59bfd33cfbdc08c7efc0462b8516eb5f68ac5b.jpg
7590b9bfd9ffb92870b679f57caa56cd10a7d3f6.jpg
69a4847c1013df6f726b45054f9eb17dd021edd6.jpg
31d056f7e144eb278b95fb39ac66388d70969c78.jpg
8a5d61578a187129fc4ef07d89c60ae7bf511cde.jpg
6cf92b5896b04c44f3af2a26c5b502aabfd4fe58.jpg
6c5c734c70049942cd012c1d98d287ce0c91ce72.jpg
06a5a2f3f1dd08c07f5e3e84749e0c18d5f6bb4e.jpg
4a9dabc5a824b1d77036c40a2e6c86b2a3d5dfe0.jpg
Last edited by jediturtle on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
jediturtle

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for MET, TWD, POTC, TF

Post by jediturtle »

A few more pics.

Will take more and higher resolution for those with serious interest.
e64e2e3578fc83e97a1c69679fe0c8b52cc2a164.jpg
d4c8623c1f0bb78d83b0c1a4c924cceeab0d18f0.jpg
c929eb03a1322ad7c8b32bea2665f5568143e5c9.jpg
chrisnack

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for MET, TWD, POTC, TF, $4500

Post by chrisnack »

Great game, i really really liked playing it when i've had the chance. One of those i enjoyed as soon as i started playing it.

I would be all over this in a few months, but can't right now :(
Current: Medieval Madness, Sinbad, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Former: Cleopatra, Joker Poker, Count-Down, Stargate, Road Show, Solar Ride, Attack from Mars LE, Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park
jediturtle

Post by jediturtle »

Adding a couple pictures. I was asked how much wear is at the neutral zone. The cliffy protector came on the machine when I bought it and I have never taken it off. At a quick glance it looks like I'd have to drop the subway to take it out, which I'm not really keen on doing right now. I had it off to clean it out a couple years back and it's fairly easy, but not a quick job by any means. Anyway...I was able to pull the protector up just enough to peek under it. There is basically a chip under the protector, not completely blown out like some I've seen. With the protector in place it's completely hidden. I've added a couple pics to show this as best as I could.

I also added a couple pictures which show the ghosting around the lock insert, as well as a couple that show it with the LEDs. As you all know, LEDs are really hard to photograph accurately. These capture it pretty well, though the blues aren't quite so blue and the white lights around the flippers aren't quite so warm in person (they are a neutral white).

Let me know if anyone needs any more specific pictures beyond what is in the photobucket link above.

Thanks,
Chris
IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Good luck with the sale.

Drag it to MGC. It will be gone in a heartbeat. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
jediturtle

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for MET, TWD, POTC, TF, $4300

Post by jediturtle »

Dropping the price to $4300, firm.
jediturtle

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for MET, TWD, POTC, TF, $4300

Post by jediturtle »

Bumping this up. A friend of mine is interested and will know in a few days if he can make it happen, so he has first dibs, but I wanted to get this back out there in case it falls through.

I updated my trade want list slightly to include Game of Thrones pro and Avengers LE (blue or Hulk). Met, TWD, or GoT are my top wants, but will consider others. Will add a bit of cash for the right machine. Will also consider cash offers, but lowballs will be ignored.

Thanks,
Chris
Eric_S

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4300

Post by Eric_S »

We all know you don't have any friends. :D
jediturtle

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4300

Post by jediturtle »

Eric_S wrote:We all know you don't have any friends. :D
You are right...I need to buy some with a price drop. :)

The possible deal with my buddy fell through (but he bought a house instead, so I can't be mad! :) ), so the ST:TNG is still up for grabs. Dropping the price to $4100. Trades still preferred and I can add a reasonable amount of cash for the right machine. Feel free to make trade offers other than those listed. I'm pretty set on one of those, but you never know.
jediturtle

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4100

Post by jediturtle »

Sold pending payment and pickup tomorrow!
DeaconBlooze

Re: FS/FT: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4100

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Congrats! Let us know what you grab next
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
jediturtle

Re: SOLD: ST:TNG for GoT, MET, TWD, TAV etc, $4100

Post by jediturtle »

Sold and out the door. Sad to see it go, but very excited for the new owner. It couldn't be going to a nicer guy and I know it will be well loved and taken care of! :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

jediturtle wrote: It couldn't be going to a nicer guy :)
I bought this???? ;)
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Congrats on the sale. Going to get your Metallica now?
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Just got back home with the table, still in the van. It's a beautiful table, in excellent condition. The inside of the cab is cleaner than some of my playfields. :)

Thanks for the sale. I felt a little guilty looking at all your awesome Star Trek stuff and taking the table. I hope you get the replacement you're looking for!

Can't wait to get it into the basement and fire it up! Wish I could call in sick to work tomorrow. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses