Anyone getting GoT?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Anyone getting GoT?

Post by Hilton »

Wondered if anyone local(ish) is thinking about buying GoT after seeing the release images.

Looks like the Le/Prem could be fun to play. I like the mini-pf look. The pro looks VERY stripped down.

I am hoping we get a shot to play both models at expo next month.
NoahK

Re: Anyone getting GoT?

Post by NoahK »

I was kinda hoping that Madison Pinball would be getting one and doing a release party like they did with WWE and Kiss :D . Right now, I am definitely going to have to see how it plays and wait for the code to be completed before even considering purchasing.

My main issue is the art and theme integration. It looks like Stern took a generic medieval themed playfield and slapped on some random characters from the TV show. Where in the books is there a bunch of soldiers fighting a dragon on top of a castle in the Premium/LE? Without the Iron Throne, it is not obvious that the playfield is Game of Thrones. I also question the characters that were chosen for the backglasses and cabinet art. It may very well play great and be worth picking up based on gameplay, but we'll have to see how that pans out.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

NoahK wrote:I was kinda hoping that Madison Pinball would be getting one and doing a release party like they did with WWE and Kiss :D .

Unfortunately it is another very expensive game and the PRO seems really stripped down. As much as I personally would love to buy EVERY new game that comes out and put on route it is unlikely to be in the cards.

MET, TWD, KISS, ST, ACDC, and AMH are still very new any will hopefully keep the locals happy for new games for a while.

I will say that an AMH release party is not out of the question...
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

http://www.projectpinball.org/game-of-t ... eepstakes/

$75 donation to charity for your shot to get a GoTLE. If I win I will put it on location so we can all play it!
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

I'm in!!! Let's bring another Project Pinball machine back to Wisconsin!
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I am in as well. It is for a good cause.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
CenterFlank

Post by CenterFlank »

I wanted to buy a GOT pro but Jodi Dankburgh (?) started yelling at me saying I should buy a LE/Premium for my game room.