WTB- Working Gottlieb System 1 CPU

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
ralphwiggum

WTB- Working Gottlieb System 1 CPU

Post by ralphwiggum »

I have one where the acid damage is just too extensive. I pretty much gave up after jumper number 17. First board in a long time to defeat me.

My preference is to pay as little as possible, so I am not looking to drop $200 on a Ni-Wumpf at this point.

Thanks for any leads....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Re: WTB- Working Gottlieb System 1 CPU

Post by Methos »

Is it for Sinbad?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Yep... in the home stretch now
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

I may have an extra one, but it's going to need some work. Don't believe the game fired up. Let me know if you want to take a crack at it, I will go dig it out and take a pic of it.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Would love to see what you have... This is the last piece of this project...... I am really tempted to get the Ni-wumpf for the scores, but I am trying to keep costs down.... I am pretty sure I am into the parts for more than the game.... LOL

The good thing is that all the displays are good, the bad thing is that the Power Supply and CPU were complete toast.... Got the new power supply, don't really want to drop the bigger coin on the CPU....
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

One drill bit later and a small personal victory over an old stubborn backbox lock, and I have the photos.

Unfortunatlely, the golden idol is dirty and damaged. I will send you a few photos but looks like the looters have been here before (acid damage). The good news is that the battery is on the bottom of the board. It's yours if you want it.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks Mark... ended up pulling the trigger on the Ni-Wumpf. I guess I like the high score save and diagnostics features on it enough to justify the cost.

Hope to have this up and running 100% by the end of next week.
Current Collection