Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
TomGWI

Re: Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Post by TomGWI »

Great story.

I wonder if today's kids will have redemption games in their basements with a little counter to cash in their tickets. :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

TomGWI wrote:Great story.

I wonder if today's kids will have redemption games in their basements with a little counter to cash in their tickets. :lol:

HA! Don't have to wait for todays kids. Ask Todd E. :)

He's got a sweet redemption counter!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Madison Pinball's mission is to bring great playing pinball to the Madison area. With that, we are excited to announce that we have secured one of the first new Stern KISS machines and will be hosting a launch party in the near future! We will provide full details as we are able, but are currently expecting it will be mid-June. If you haven't yet seen pictures of this gorgeous game, be sure to check out Stern Pinball's Facebook page for lots of hi-res pictures! As always, thanks to everyone for stopping out and supporting the local pinball scene! If it weren't for all of our players, we wouldn't be able to make these games available for everyone to enjoy!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Nice! June 27th would be perfect! ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Nice! June 27th would be perfect! ;)

Unfortunatley it won't be that weekend as a few key people have a wedding to attend that weekend.

It will likely be a few weeks before we get confirmation form Stern when the game will be available and what they are shooting for as launch party weekend.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the latest TWD code 1.24 has been installed out at Schwoegler's (just in time for the tourney). Stop on out and take care of the Horde (don't get bit)!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Ken

Post by Ken »

No update? Should I just assume Ryan or Tim won again? ;)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

The Dru took 1st place this month with a hard fought battle against Ryan. Top four: Dru, Ryan, Jon Z, Jimmy L. Total of 32 participants (8 completely new), and with a desolate alley due to Memorial Day weekend /Brat Fest / beautiful weather, we pretty much had the place to ourselves! Here are a few quick photos that were taken. Thanks to everyone for stopping out!
IMG_1438.JPG
IMG_1432.JPG
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Ken

Post by Ken »

Nice! Congrats Dru!!
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Karl and I got some games in yesterday. I was happy to finally be able to check out Baywatch, Getaway, and Lethal Weapon 3. The only issues I ran into were that the plunger is a bit weak on Taxi (I maxed out at maybe 1 or 2 loops on the plunge) and South Park likes to eat quarters (they do not always register and it doesn't return them). Other than that, the games all played great.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks for the info Noah.

Feel free to text or call the phone number on the rule card for each game whenever you have problems. This is the quickest way to get the info to us.
Sean typically takes care of westside and I take care of eastside games and our numbers are on the respective cards. We also love when we get error reports filled out from our website as this helps us to fix things quickly.

Glad you had time to check out some of the newer games. I am really likeing LW3. Challenging but fun!
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Error reports submitted. Thanks again Hilton and Sean for keeping these machines in great playing condition.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

NoahK wrote:Error reports submitted. Thanks again Hilton and Sean for keeping these machines in great playing condition.

Thanks for the support!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

The 1975 classic Gold Strike has been added to the lineup out at Schwoegler's! It's in the bar area next to Taxi, so it's not the sad lonely pin in there anymore. I think I actually saw Taxi brighten up a little when it got some company.

Went through this game pretty thoroughly and replaced a ton of parts including full flipper rebuilds and LEDs (love em or hate em, needed to keep the heat down). Plays really nice! A bit hesitant to put a 40 year old game out like this, but I really wanted to have an EM available for people to play. It should be a fun experiment!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Is this the ONLY EM on route in all of WI?

I am pumped to come over and play what is apparently a Madison classic. I think some of the oldtimers have stories about a goldstrike at Players? back in the day.