Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
u2sean

Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Post by u2sean »

Hey Everyone,

Madison Pinball is REALLY excited to announce that we will be adding MORE games in our west side location - Schwoegler's! This Saturday (Jan 10) we'll be adding The Walking Dead pro game to the lineup! We will also be adding another title on Sunday, and aiming to have 7 games up and running by the end of the following week! As games are added, we'll update this thread.

We have some exciting things planned for 2015, and will always keep you posted. Thanks to ALL of you for supporting pinball on location! Happy New Year!

Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
cad-kid

Re: Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Post by cad-kid »

Nice!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

That is awesome and exciting news! I really want to thank Sean, Garrett, Hilton, and everyone else that has made Madison pinball a success. I can't even begin to state how great it is to have 2 locations with excellent playing examples of fun games with updated code and monthly tournaments as well! A few months back I was toying with the idea of buying a newer Stern game for my line-up (ACDC Premium) at home but since there are such nice playing games on location it would really be stupid for me to do so as I'd much rather play them on location as they were originally intended to be played. I'm excited to see location pinball become relevant in Madison again! Thanks guys!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great news Sean!! Now please rotate ACDC over to Pooley's. ;) Want to go play but am kind of burned out on the Pooley's games. Thanks to Sean, Garrett, Hilton and Mark for putting these games out there for us to enjoy! And even though I am burned out on Pooley's games I still might go today if anyone is around at lunch time. Just can't help myself. :oops:

EDIT: Pinball today depends on how many cocktails I have by 10:30 A.M. Currently working on #3.
Last edited by Ken on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

More games to play is always good. Now to get more people playing them. Only once so far have I seen anyone else playing them when I have gone. Maybe I just go at bad times. Anyway, thanks again to the people who put their machines out there so people like me can enjoy them.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Ken wrote:Great news Sean!! Now please rotate ACDC over to Pooley's. ;)
ACDC is staying! At least until I top Ryan's GC Score :D

I'm going to put one of these on the legs the next time I'm at Schwoegler's!
Attachments
ball and chain.jpg
ball and chain.jpg (3.49 KiB) Viewed 2146 times
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Ken

Post by Ken »

MikeS wrote:

So basically it's never leaving?? :D
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Ken wrote:
MikeS wrote:

So basically it's never leaving?? :D
Exactly :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

We have plans to mix things up at Pooley's in the future and are trying to keep a steady rotation going after dust settles at Schwoeglers.

In the near future, Bally Atlantis will be going to Pooley's and RollerGames will be leaving. That is all I can share at this point.
We are also hoping for a code update to STpro sometime soon which should help freshen it up a little. Keep in mind that WCS and RG have only been at Pooley's for a few months so things are still relatively new out there.

If we get what we want, we will eventually convince Pooley's to let us bring 1-2 more games over there also. Fingers crossed and keep buying drinks/meals and reminding staff how thankful we all are to have pinball there :D

We all really do appreciate everyone that supports what we are trying to spearhead in the Madison Pinball scene!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Nice!!! I'm glad to see Schwoegler's is supporting this.

Thanks for putting in the work to keep these games playing well. I know what kind of time that takes.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

MikeS wrote:

I see a potential work around for your ball and chain plan... :lol:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:
MikeS wrote:

I see a potential work around for your ball and chain plan... :lol:
5/8 socket wrench ?
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Walking dead ruleset for anyone that wants to study up before coming out to play it. _MUCH_ more easy to grok than the ACDC ruleset, even I got the hang of TWD pretty quickly. After the first few play tests, I am looking forward to getting to know the modes and strategies more. It will be fun to see what you all think.

http://papa.org/2015/01/01/the-walking-dead-rulesheet/
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

I was out at Schwoegler's the other day (well, more like everyday) and they had the games next to the pins gone already. I'm not familiar with everyone that works at Schwoeglers (well, not yet but I will eventually), but one of the guys that works there said to me, "Oh yeah, they are going to put more pinball machines, I think 8 or 9 total eventually."

And he seemed happy about it, so that made my day. Every time I go, there is at least someone playing pinball or joining in on a game while I'm playing. Some I know, some I don't know. Seems like Schwoegler's was a great idea. There is always someone interested in playing or at least looking at the pins with interest. I even called a few of my friends to come out and play and I managed to get one of my friends to come.

The future is bright and I cannot wait for all the new attractions. My wrist too are a little sore (as someone mentioned) from all the playing in December. I think it's mostly from playing Pinball Arcade on my tablet though.

Now if we could only get a Medieval Madness in the area. :)

Bryon

I managed to put up a 127 mil on The Walking Dead over at the Ideal Bar, but that pin is off a little bit. We'll see how I do on this one at Schwoegler's. I thought I was going to rock Star Trek at Pooley's after putting up some ridiculous scores at the Star Trek at Moose Jaw in the Dells, but that never happened.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Allmyfriends77 wrote:
Now if we could only get a Medieval Madness in the area. :)

Man you guys are gonna need to start putting in a bunch of $20 into these games if we are going to be afford MMs to go on route :)

Glad you are pumped about the expansion at Schwoegler's Bryon. I am looking forward to it also and think it will have a positive impact on turn out for the monthly events there.