ISO Chicago Coin/Stern chime box

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
Kirk H

ISO Chicago Coin/Stern chime box

Post by Kirk H »

I have a Stern Rawhide with a SS sound board instead of the original chime box. It sounds horrible. From what I can tell on schematics the original chime box was a two solenoid chime box, one of them had double chimes. At this point I'd just about settle for anything close.
Please let me know if you have anything that would work.
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
AlexF

Re: ISO Chicago Coin/Stern chime box

Post by AlexF »

From what I understand 1970s Chicago Coin chime units are basically a Nutone doorbell from the same era. If you have some documentation you may be able to match something up if you can't find it through a pinball source.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

That's good to know. I have a red Baron that I can take a look at. Even though Rawhide is a Stern, it's the first title produced after they bought Chicago Coin, so I'm sure it's the same.
Thanks for the tip!!
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

Alex, thank you so much. I was able to find a doorbell at Menards for $12. It works great.
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

Awesome! Glad you figured it out.