Stern insider connect - thoughts

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
TomGWI

Re: Stern insider connect - thoughts

Post by TomGWI »

KingPin Games wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:17 pm Just doing a little market research on this new feature from Stern.

Are you interested in the new achievements?

Do you think it will cause you to "play another game" while on location?

Is this something you will play at home?

At what cost would you retrofit your current games?

Hilton, as much as i value your opinion on this (and i do), i have already heard it and most here have too. I would like to keep this as civil as possible. At this time Stern is not charging for, nor requiring any payment from the operator (minus the increased cost) for this feature. Will that change in the future, your guess is as good as mine and your concerns about the data collections are valid.

I like the concept of getting achievements. I think at least initially it will cause an increase in play. I am hoping stern will integrate head to head internet competition or even integrate the chance for people to do speed runs and track them.

At the moment I would play it at home but not sure I will upgrade my older games unless the cost is reasonable. If a kit is over $200 I would have a hard time justifying updating all my games just to get a few achievements.
pinballgap

Post by pinballgap »

I am not interested in buying it for current games at any cost I have at home, but I am looking forward to having it on any new games.
As far as location play, it's a must have and I wouldn't hesitate to have it on locations.I know when Stern had the tournament format with the topper (Back in the Ripley's era) that showed the leaders and how much the prize pool was drew in the pinheads and the casual players to play.It was big with the employees also.
Stern will have to charge for it somehow, someday, but for the vendor's its a easy thing to look at the draw and decide if it's worth it for them or not.Using Brat Stop as a example, they would benefit from it as a draw and a way to get people engaged in it if they offered a t-shirt or drinks or something to people who played their games using the app.For me personally If two close locations had the same games and one was offering the app and the other wasn't I'm going to the location with it.
As far as camaras and sterns data info they will get.Who cares.It's not a bid conspiracy to take over the world or anything that matters to anyone who has nothing to hide.So my thought is the data will help improve the gave experience and the games themselves so I am all for them getting all the data they want.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Kits are in stock

Premium and Pro

$199.99 for either one

Stern also announced the game-specific bottom arch for

Batman 66
Star Wars Premium / LE

$129.99 each (you must also purchase the insider kit separately)

Let me know if you have any interest.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

I picked up a kit for our Beatles from kingpin. Love it... easy to install and adds new achievements and goals. Definitely enjoy it
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Stern ever produce the promised cover up stickers for those who requested them ?
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

PinJohn wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:59 am Stern ever produce the promised cover up stickers for those who requested them ?
Not as far as I know.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Bottom arch available

Batman pre/le/sle

Star wars pre/le

$129.99 each. Does NOT include insider kit.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

JimS

Post by JimS »

Winners of July's Stern Insider Connect Leaderboard Raffle were drawn last night at our League Night at the Blue Moon Bar.

Here is the Kiosk view of the July Board: https://insider.sternpinball.com/kiosk/Qqeat-YSPq-wyRC

First through Third got two Tickets, Fourth through Tenth got one per game. Once someone won they were eliminated from future prize drawings.

Here are our Winners:

ALLMYFRIENDS: $20.00 Blue Moon Gift Certificate
HURASHK: 32 Oz. Growler & Growler Fill
SMLXL: Une Année Bomber
JUSTERIC: Upland Raspberry Lambic Bomber
RUSTYLIZARD: Guardians of the Galaxy Translite

August Scoreboard is live here: https://insider.sternpinball.com/kiosk/LcMDg-EJJ-Coj
JimS

Post by JimS »

Winners of August's Stern Insider Connect Leaderboard Raffle were drawn last night at our League Night at the Blue Moon Bar.

Here is the Kiosk view of the August Board: https://insider.sternpinball.com/kiosk/LcMDg-EJJ-Coj

First through Third got two Tickets, Fourth through Tenth got one per game. Once someone won they were eliminated from future prize drawings.

Here are our Winners:

Stranger Things Translite: MR_STX
$20 Gift Certificate: CHIEF_JEEF
Growler Fill: INANITYFALLS
Central Waters Stout & Cassian 4 Pack: PINBALLMLB
Central Waters Barleywine & Scotch Ale 4 Pak: ALLMYFRIENDS

September Scoreboard is live here: https://insider.sternpinball.com/kiosk/ ... jVnm-HDLXw
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Thanks Jim!
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell