Tully's 15 minutes of fame.

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Tully's 15 minutes of fame.

Post by Ken »

In case anyone missed it. Article starts on page 10.

http://wdtimes.com/app/staff/FamilyMagSpring14.pdf
tullster

Re: Tully's 15 minutes of fame.

Post by tullster »

Thanks for finding it on-line Ken! I've got some of the Magazines if anyone wants one... I'll autograph it!! :D
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Nice article! I can't think of a better ambassador!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Ken

Post by Ken »

Well said Dave!

You're welcome Tully!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

tullster wrote:Thanks for finding it on-line Ken! I've got some of the Magazines if anyone wants one... I'll autograph it!! :D
How much you charging for autographs?

Thanks for letting me be part of the article Tully! It was a very fun experience. My favorite photo is still the one of Lance and Mary.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I started reading the article at league night, but glad there's an electronic copy available so that I could finish reading it. I thought it was really well written and gave an accurate depiction of the pinball hobby and I also enjoyed reading the personal stories on Tully, Hilton, and Lance.

Tully, Thanks for all you do for keeping pinball alive and well in the Madison area. I hereby proclaim you the "Godfather" of Wisconsin pinball :) Waunabowl was my first ever pinball tournament and is what really made me start enjoying the competitive side of pinball and also a place where I've met some really good friends over the past few years. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend at Wauna!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I appreciate it, and it makes it all worthwhile!

For those who don't know, I've known the writer for over 10 years, and he has been on me to do this for quite a while. I guess finding "interesting" people is a constant struggle! Now with the League and all you other "interesting" guys coming out of the woodwork, I decided to let him have his story ( He tried to get the cover, but we're not gonna win against a quilter ). Special thanks to Hilton & Lance for sharing the spotlight!

Steve's former photographer (who was also on me to do this) will be with his writer at the Waun-a-Bowl tonight (Wednesday) to do a story for the WSJ that sounds like will be published in the next day or two. I'll be there, but would really like those who can, to stop by to have the spotlight this time. I'll do it again if I need to, but this one's yours if you want! They'll be there around 7 - 7:30 pm. It will be a REALLY good chance to plug MRP in the fall.

Thanks again and see you all on Saturday!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks Tully! I will be there to plug MRP >>> sept 12-13 2014, for anyone that has not seen it yet
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

It's a longshot as I had my bowling league last night and taking 2 nights off baby duty in a row is probably not an option I'd try to pursue. But I'll check with Vanessa and see if maybe we can stop out for a little while tonight with the little guy in tow? -This will all depend on how my wife and Theran's day goes however.

p.s. For what it's worth I found Tully's story to be more interesting than the quilter's but in the small town magazine market sex sells and Tully has a face for radio :lol:
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Awesome story Tully! Thanks for posting this. I'm sorry I missed league last month and have got to take you up on your offer to let me come over and play! See you this weekend in Waunakee.

Ryan
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I chatted with my wife over lunch and it sounds like we'll probably make it out tonight around 7 for a little while :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

looking forward to finally meeting the little spawn of Mike!
jediturtle

Post by jediturtle »

Great article guys! :)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

You mean the future Waunabowl 2024 Champion :D Although baby beard Bros', the Horton boys' and of course the Nobling trifecta will put up some fierce competition in years to come. Us old timer's will be doomed!
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Great article! It was more involved then I thought it would be. Thanks for posting it.