Ballers 2020 Hosts / Signup

For some a monthly donation, for others, it rubs the lotion on the skin.
jasonm

Ballers 2020 Hosts / Signup

Post by jasonm »

First off, thanks to all the hosts and people that came to a Ballers event in 2019! I had a great time running the league, and hope people enjoyed playing!

Looking forward to 2020, I'd like to get the hosts signed up again; similar to what we did last year (thanks Eric for kicking that thread off!). If you'd like to host a month: post here, text / call me, email; whatever! I try to leave it open ended -- so it's your call as the host on what works for you. Date, event times (doors open / league stat) and max number of people. Yes, there will be times we will conflict with other leagues or events, but sometimes that can't be helped. This league was always meant to just be "for fun" -- no ifpa, nothing serious, payout that night. And let's be honest, it's just about the dollar games anyway!

Also, if you are not on my email list, not sure you're on it, or want to be taken off -- let me know! I'll probably continue with the google calendar invite and then emailing the list I have after that. For some reason, emailing from the google invite after it's been created always causes an error. Oh well....

January - Chris S (Lake Geneva) - Sunday the 12th

February - Donovan and Katie (Fond du Lac) - Sunday the 9th

March - Neo - TBD

April - Skip [due to TPF and MGC back to back weekends]

May - Chris and Chateen (Madison) - TBD

June

July

August

September

October

November

December
ChrisS

Re: Ballers 2020 Hosts / Signup

Post by ChrisS »

Jason.

Thanks for carrying the torch. You have done a great job and I like the expanded format. I’m looking forward to another great year.

Thanks to all those that host and come to events. It’s always so much fun.

So I can do Saturday Jan 11th in the evening or Sunday Jan 12th in the afternoon. I’m fine with either one. People let me know what you like better.

Also. This is all TBD. With Spudlite coming the first week in Feb, I may have to bail if he comes early. That would be the only reason for me canceling. I say we take the chance on it since that will most likely will be the only month I can host this year between Spudlite and work this spring and summer.

Thoughts
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Ken

Post by Ken »

NOoooooo! I have to work both days! I don't get to go to many but I also appreciate Jason keeping the league alive. And of course all the hosts who open up their homes and garages!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

either date is good with me and I can actually make it (currently; man work has been brutal lately)

Did not realize the spud was almost here! pre-congrats!
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Either day works for us, but Sun. in afternoon would be better though.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Hilton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:23 am either date is good with me and I can actually make it (currently; man work has been brutal lately)

Did not realize the spud was almost here! pre-congrats!
What's "man work"?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

mainly it is poor punctuation and doing stuff...
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hilton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm mainly it is poor punctuation and doing stuff...
He hurriedly replies, stuffing the hot pants into the sock drawer.... :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Started a thread for the January event, so let's move discussion there. Also, let's PLEASE end the discussion on Hilton's "side job" -- thank you CHRIS (K).
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I guess I have to throw away all these "dollar game" jokes I wrote last night. Damn.

We can host again this year. I don't want to commit to a month quite yet... I've got a bunch of busted pins (I'm lazy) that I need to fix, and I'm not sure what/when I'm going to flip stuff for R&M right now. The pinball situation at my house should be much more clear in a month or two when I can get off my butt and fix stuff up.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Elix

Post by Elix »

Eric and I will host a month, but I’m not sure when. Things are a little crazy here right now.

- Liz
captainneo

Post by captainneo »

Didn't he just host? HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they can't host in feb, I probably can do it as a back up. Otherwise I can do march.
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

captainneo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:17 am Didn't he just host? HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they can't host in feb, I probably can do it as a back up. Otherwise I can do march.
I'll put you down for March for now. If things change we'll adjust.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Man I was just over at Neo’s playing Cosmic Gunfighter and Mexico 68. He has an amazing collection of machines you just don’t see.

This one is not to be missed.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

D&K. Have you picked a date for Feb?

Please don’t make it the 15th or 16th...........