Rick and Morty

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:51 pm 750 games sold in four hours. Wow!
Wait, so theme DOES matter? :P Good for Spooky.... it's nice to see a company that cares about quality over quantity.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

That said, I kinda wish I could go intern at Spooky to help crank that tables-per-week number up a bit. I saw the TNA waiting thread and it's gonna be an excruciating wait. I just hope I'm early in line! You all are welcome to come play when mine shows up!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
WindRaidor

Post by WindRaidor »

Super excited for my first NIB pinball. Now I probably gotta take a look at what I have and let one or two things to make it all work. I think I’m in the first 50 depending on how many standard editions got their order in ahead of me. Guessing I have until February or March...then fun time!
Godzilla pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Jurassic Park Prem, P3,TNA, Williams Strike Zone Shuffle Alley, Williams Slugfest, Stern Meteor, Chexx Hockey, Arachnid Galaxy 2.5
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

WindRaidor wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm Super excited for my first NIB pinball. Now I probably gotta take a look at what I have and let one or two things to make it all work. I think I’m in the first 50 depending on how many standard editions got their order in ahead of me. Guessing I have until February or March...then fun time!
Spooky has said all of the standard edition Rick and Morty pins will be built after all Bloodsucker editions have been completed. There are also games that were sold by distributors that will be intermixed with Spooky sold games. My guess is that it builds will start off a little slow as the Spooky crew learns the in's and out's of the new pin and after a couple months, their construction progress will accelerate. Once they sort through all of the orders, Spooky will assign everyone a production number and it will be a little easier to project when it will be ready.

I'm in on this game too. First theme in a long time that I am really interested in based on theme alone. I liked what I saw in the vids and I think Spooky has a great team putting this one together.
TMFish

Post by TMFish »

WindRaidor wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm Super excited for my first NIB pinball. Now I probably gotta take a look at what I have and let one or two things to make it all work. I think I’m in the first 50 depending on how many standard editions got their order in ahead of me. Guessing I have until February or March...then fun time!
The informal poll on pinside shows about 80% opted for the Bloodsucker edition. If Spooky holds to the 10 per week build rate, that's 15 months just the the Bloodsucker version.

I'm in for a standard and received my confirmation email at 9:14am. Despite being early in the build queue I would be surprised if I see my game before the end of 2020. I would think that Spooky, based on the sell out of this title and I assume the interest to continue to grow the business, will be adding some help for the build. So that wait time hopefully will be reduced.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Spooky has said they don't want to hire-then-fire for production, so I think we'll see them hold roughly to their 10 per week rate. Probably slower for a while. I think that adds up to about 18 months of production, so everyone's table should be delivered sometime before June 2021.

That means Spooky has 18 months to prepare their next title. I imagine they're pretty comfortable with their build rate, cause it gives them enough time to license and R&D their next title. Adding more production staff means they have less time to develop tables, which puts more pressure on them.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Chitownpinball

Post by Chitownpinball »

Chris K wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:51 pm 750 games sold in four hours. Wow!
I was able to snag a BSE for my brother in law, cant wait!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I was hoping I'd have the chance to play this before deciding, but I'm really happy for Spooky.

I'm also glad so many locals are getting it. Congrats!.... I'll bring the beer.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I predict many little launch parties as these start to trickle out!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Chris K wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:15 pm I predict many little launch parties as these start to trickle out!
I predict at least 1 big launch party :)

Working out logistics with Spooky, Jack D, Scott and Design team, KingPin, Etc... but will let yall know as soon as we know.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Okay, I am posting this here before I go to pinside (probably Monday).

I have a few spots that opened up on my list if anyone is looking to secure a spot.

As per Spooky rules, you will need to be a fang club member to get access to this game (unless you want to wait until 12/30/19 when it opens to the general public).

If you are interested in one please let me know. I will need the following information

Full name
Street
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

The initial payment will be due upon receiving your invoice (which at this time of the year could be a couple of days). we accept the following forms of payment

Cash (in person only)
Bank check
Wire transfer
Credit Card (3% surcharge to cover credit card fees)

Let me know if you guys/gals have any questions.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Great Distributor. Kingpin is the best! Don’t miss your chance to get this game.
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Yes - Kingpin is a very good guy to get your game from. If you want one , or if you have your eye on something else, he is a top flite distributor.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Yeah, if Kingpin's got a slot, take it! There aren't going to be many of these floating around to get later, if the Pinside screamfest is any judge!
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

The Pinside thread is such a drag. Let's drum up some proper discussion here, outside of complaining about build numbers, family filter, and whatever else the complaint topic of the day is.

One of the main things I'm looking forward to is the call-outs. There are SO many one-liners that get missed if you're not paying 100% attention to the show, and I'm sure if I watched each episode 5 times, there are still nuances to the lines that I would pick up. I'm really looking forward to all of the ad-lib lines that were captured. It'll be pure gold!

The other is the versatility of the horseshoe lock. Such a simple, but ingenious design! I think Eric can have a helluva time coding some truly unique rulesets regarding just that one mech.

In one of the podcasts, Scott mentioned there being 16 sets of optos in the game. Not being terribly concerned about my own personal machine, since it'll be at home, but do you think the reliability of the optos on location will be an issue? I'm just hoping that they are easily accessible so that they can be replaced rather quickly. Guess I'm going to have to stock up on a few sets as backup :)