WTB- Gottlieb Genie

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
ralphwiggum

WTB- Gottlieb Genie

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looking for a Genie in any condition. Project/working/whatever..... This is one that I have always enjoyed digitally, and would love to see how it shakes out in the actual form over a period of time (I have only played it in the wild a handful of times).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Tim E

Re: WTB- Gottlieb Genie

Post by Tim E »

Jimmy has a nice one, but not sure if he wants to sell or not...might not hurt to reach out to him as he’s a more than fair dude...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Tim E wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:48 am Jimmy has a nice one, but not sure if he wants to sell or not...might not hurt to reach out to him as he’s a more than fair dude...
Thanks Homie.... I will hit him up and see if I can shake it loose.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

The one Jimmy has was mine. ;) It's very nice. I probably should have kept it, but there is always something else a fellow wants to buy !
It's the one machine my wife liked to play. She's not much of a pin player, but she would play Genie. Great game.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

PinJohn wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:47 pm The one Jimmy has was mine. ;) It's very nice. I probably should have kept it, but there is always something else a fellow wants to buy !
It's the one machine my wife liked to play. She's not much of a pin player, but she would play Genie. Great game.
I like that the game is approachable. My kids and most of their friends that come over will either play the dual racers, or Sinbad. Very easy to understand what you are supposed to do, but not always so easy to actually do it. Very fun in a multiplayer environment. I should have held onto the Joker Poker I sold last year (very similar) but only have so much room. I sent Jimmy an email.... I would shoot him a text too, but I don't want to appear desperate as it will kill my strategy of lowballing the hell out of him.... :lol:
Current Collection
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Good luck with your search ! Fun game to have.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

No longer looking for a Genie... somehow I ended up with a pair of NBA Fastbreaks instead... lol
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Whoa, a pair of racers and a pair of pins? What are you, freaking Noah with an Ark? :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Hey Tim - Nice you found something that will be fun for your household. Funny how things can turn on a dime and we wind up with something else when searching for that next game. Enjoy.

Last weekend I went to look at a particular title I had before and enjoyed. Figured I'd be playing that title again, but spotted another game at the sellers house - a cool old woodrail, and I came home with that instead. Keeping your eyes and mind open sometimes, you can wind up with games you didn't expect but are just as fun as what we were searching for.

Have fun with those NBA Fastbreaks.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks guys... This will be my 3rd time owning NBA, but never linked. I thought it was silly to take up room for two of the same title. I still think it is silly.... but the flipside of that is- why not? Lol
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 am Thanks guys... This will be my 3rd time owning NBA, but never linked. I thought it was silly to take up room for two of the same title. I still think it is silly.... but the flipside of that is- why not? Lol
linked NBAFB are awesome!!!

Always wanted to no that for route but dont think it would ever make sense to take up the space of two pins that likely would earn the same as 1.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

.......and now a Genie has been located and purchased as well...... When it rains it pours.... LOL
Current Collection
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

If you need any plastics I replaced mine so have extra.

Too bad you can't link these up like NBA although the one machine takes up almost as much space as two NBAs.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

pfcjimmy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm If you need any plastics I replaced mine so have extra.

Too bad you can't link these up like NBA although the one machine takes up almost as much space as two NBAs.
Thanks man, I will hit you up if I can use any of those plastics..... the one I picked up has a really rough cabinet and backglass (Is there a repro BG out there yet for this title?), but from the one pic I got, the playfield looks to be in really nice shape......
Attachments
IMG_2543.JPG
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

You had room for 1 and now you have 2 extra machines. Time to push those bugs out of the shed to make room for the shed pins........I knew that day was going to come.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.