2014 Season dates discussion >official date in thread at top

Hilton

2014 Season dates discussion >official date in thread at top

Post by Hilton »

Howdy guys > a few people were discussing/asking about how the league season works for points so I thought a single thread to list it all out may be easiest. I also thought this may be a good place to brainstorm dates for the remainder of the season.

Our league started Oct 2013 and runs for 12 months, ending Sept 2014. With the assumption that we will have 12 meetings/league nights, each night is worth a base value of 2.08 points for IFPA/WPPR (25/12 months = 2.08). There is a little additional to each nights base value based on the number of people and the current rank of those people, but you get the idea. Bascially winning first place on a single night will get you a little over 2 WPPR points.

We (I) have set up our league to be a little different than many. Most leagues just do cummulative points during the year and you get a single final place assigned at the end of the year which gets reported to IFPA. Our league is treating each night as seperate fro IFPA purposes. What this means is that we will spread out the overall points amoung our players and there is point incentive to perform well each invidual month. This also means that even if you miss a few months and drop from the annual leader board, your can still get some IFPA points for a single good performance. In opposition if we reported only the end of year results then the 1st place person woudl get ~25 points and things would drop off pretty quick after that. Las positive is that league nights held in 2013 counted towards 2013 SCS event.

It is worth mentioning that the IFPA still treats our league as an 'individual' event for overal point total. In other words the IFPA points you earn cummulatively from all 12 months of league will count as a single MadCity Flipper event. For example, my current cummulative points = 1.82 from my 4th, 2nd, and 9th place finished the first 3 months of league and that is all together as a single overal listing. This is important since IFPA only counts your top 15 point events for your WPPR rank.

I hope this make sense. Basiclaly you could think of our league as a monthly tournament held at a bar, but we have limited our league to 21 peoeple.

If people do not like this we could always change it for next year (Oct 2014 will be the start of next years league).
Last edited by Hilton on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hilton

Re: Oct2013-Sept2014 Season

Post by Hilton »

upcoming dates?

I also need to update IFPA with our future dates and wanted to confirm to make sure we are all on the same page...

Feb 22? Are we going to meet up at Wauna? I think Tully said games will be set up on the 21st.

March >> Chris M, are you still hosting and have you picked an official date?

April 12? There was talk about meeting up to play our set of 4 games at MGC on the publically available games or a bank of them

May, June, July, Aug, Sept >>> any takers? I thought both Pauly and Dave B had mentioned a specific month but can't seem to find that thread.

Can we get a few of these confirmed? thoughts?
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

You can pencil me in for hosting in June. That will give me motivation to get my WW playfield swap going and also to get some needed electrical work done on my new gameroom.

When I talked to Sean at league on Sat. he mentioned possibly hosting in May?
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Yes, I put my name down in another thread to host in May (since Feb-Apr were already spoken for). I'll get a specific date firmed up in the very near future and let everyone know.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK, so updated list...

Feb 22? Are we going to meet up at Wauna? I think Tully said games will be set up on the 21st. TULLY PLEASE CONFIRM

March 29>> Chris M confirmed 6pm start. Show up as early as 2pm to hang out and practice.

April 12? There was talk about meeting up to play our set of 4 games at MGC on the publically available games or a bank of them on saturday afternoon. Keep in mind that game hall closes at some point for all except thise that bring games so we will need to do this a little earlier in the afternoon on Sat. Preference is to have someone host a different weekend in APR

May10 Sean confirmed date

June21 Mike S confirmed host

July 26th Dave B. Confirmed

Aug??, Confirmed Pauly B. Date to be decded later

Sept >>> any takers?
Last edited by Hilton on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
DeaconBlooze

Re: Oct2013-Sept2014 Season dates and IFPA stuff

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Yeah, I've put myself down for July 26th somewhere.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

updated the list

Any idea if your bro was planning to host?

any thoughts on Friday of MRP for Sept date?
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

I'll take August - I need to find which date works but it will be a Saturday.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

list updated again. Only Sept left unless peopel want to go the easy route and do MRP Friday night?

Feels good that we have months accounted for!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I will throw a wrench in here (possibly). The night of the MGC might be a fairly good size challenge. If we do it, I would think it would need to be on a Saturday night (when the hall is closed for non- game bringers).

I know for a fact one if not both Enders would host league as well. The hosting should be all squared away for the year regardless with a different host each month. It is awesome we have so many guys that can host.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am ALL for not using MGC or MRP as hosting. To be completely honest I prefer the league night atmosphere and ability to play another collectors games in the private setting.

Tim and Todd >> you guys open to host?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Todd is 100% for hosting, Tim I would wager is right around 85%, haven't talked to him about it in awhile...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

You can confirm me for hosting in June. Let's go with June 21st as a date to avoid conflict with the Milw. league. This also spaces it out nicely for Dave B's July 26 without being too close to July 4 Holiday.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I'll confirm Saturday, May 10th for hosting at my place.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

I am loving Pinball and loving getting to know you guys and play with you guys. I feel like I'm a little bit of an anchor because I am unable to host due to lack of games, but would love to continue in the next season if possible.

All the Best - Ryan