Greetings

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
zenbone

Greetings

Post by zenbone »

Hello everyone, we were just up in Appleton a few weeks ago scouting out the area. Had an incredible time.
plan on relocating up to the Appleton/Greenville area early to mid next year from Clearwater, FL.
hope to add to the group and get to know everyone in the Wisconsin Pinball scene/leagues. Bringing up a few machines (Austin Powers, whoa nellie and a few arcade machines). Anyway just saying hello
KingPin Games

Re: Greetings

Post by KingPin Games »

Hmmmm.... leaving Tampa in February to visit Wisconsin. That's one we dont normally see.

Hope you enjoy the cold. It is supposed to give you more time to play pinball though

Welcome!
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Hmmmm.... leaving Tampa in February to visit Wisconsin. That's one we dont normally see.

Hope you enjoy the cold. It is supposed to give you more time to play pinball though

Welcome!
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Welcome to Wisconsin. I was born and raised in Florida, and other than saltwater fishing, I don't miss a single thing about Florida.

Lots of different places to play up here, you will love it!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

ralphwiggum wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:25 pm Welcome to Wisconsin. I was born and raised in Florida, and other than saltwater fishing, I don't miss a single thing about Florida.

Lots of different places to play up here, you will love it!
Thanks! i have enjoyed my time in FL but really looking forward to life in WI. I have a tough year of downsizing and prepping for the journey (lived in the current house for 22 years so there is A LOT of stuff to get rid of).
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

welcome!

There is a great crew of pinheads in the Fox Valley region. Reach out to Tom G and Eric S about joining their league (not sure if they are taking new members, but always good to express interest in case they have openings).

Myself, and Sean and Garrett are all part of Madison Pinball and we have over 50 of our personal machines on route around Madison.

If you ever make it down this way then check out www.madisonpinball.com for details on events and what games are currently where.

Also worth mention that the godfather of Pinball in WI, Tully, is hosting his big annual tournament the weekend of March 15th and 16th.

Get signed up now if you are interested as I think there is only 8 slots remaining.
That is the best way to meet a good chunk of the active players
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

zenbone wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:21 am Thanks! i have enjoyed my time in FL but really looking forward to life in WI. I have a tough year of downsizing and prepping for the journey (lived in the current house for 22 years so there is A LOT of stuff to get rid of).
Welcome to Wisconsin!

We just moved across town. My advice to you is, grind the heck out of reducing your stuff, cause you will run out of time. We did, and we were only in our last house for six years and had two months to prep. But unlike you, I was able to make many 15-minute runs to pick up more stuff. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Welcome to the area. The Fox Valley has a growing pinball collector group. Downtown Appleton has Player 2 arcade bar with 7 or 8 new games.

Titletown Pinball in DePere has an awesome setup: https://titletownpinball.com/

If you want to join the Fox Cities Pinball League, email Tom to get on the waitlist - viewforum.php?f=16

Eric
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Chris K wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:24 pm
zenbone wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:21 am Thanks! i have enjoyed my time in FL but really looking forward to life in WI. I have a tough year of downsizing and prepping for the journey (lived in the current house for 22 years so there is A LOT of stuff to get rid of).
Welcome to Wisconsin!

We just moved across town. My advice to you is, grind the heck out of reducing your stuff, cause you will run out of time. We did, and we were only in our last house for six years and had two months to prep. But unlike you, I was able to make many 15-minute runs to pick up more stuff. :)
I'll second that advice. I was in a very similar situation. We tried to purge a lot of stuff we didn't need, and even after making a decent effort, I have stuff piled in my new garage that still needs to get the hell out.

Welcome to Wisconsin! The Appleton guys are great, and you should definitely look to join up in their league if you have the time.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Welcome to Wisconsin. I like your avatar. You must be a Godzilla fan like me.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I've always been curious.. are Godzilla fans rooting for Godzilla, or the efforts to take down Godzilla?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Methos

Post by Methos »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 pm I've always been curious.. are Godzilla fans rooting for Godzilla, or the efforts to take down Godzilla?
Always rooting for Godzilla. The new series has him as the "good guy" again so digging it alot. The new movie has the big 3 (G, Mothera, and Rodan), against Ghidra (or King Ghordia), who is the most bad assed villain he ever had. Hope they don't f$%^ it up.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 pm I've always been curious.. are Godzilla fans rooting for Godzilla, or the efforts to take down Godzilla?
Always rooting for Godzilla.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Welcome to Wisconsin! My mom lives in Florida part time, but comes back...the pinball scene here is awesome and I recommend picking up a Packers sweatshirt you will quickly fit in. 😎
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

ALWAYS root for Godzilla! and yup, HUGE godzilla fan