Round 1 arcade in Greendale (Southridge)

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Round 1 arcade in Greendale (Southridge)

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I have a friend that lives in this area. Does anyone have any idea if they plan to have any classic arcades/pinball? Based on the website it doesn't look like it's going to have much for us, but I thought I heard differently at some point..

https://www.round1usa.com/category/arcade/
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
jasonm

Re: Round 1 arcade in Greendale (Southridge)

Post by jasonm »

It's a Japanese chain that has some locations in the states now. I hit up the one in Bloomingdale fairly often. It's mainly newer stuff: redemption and rhythm games. They also have bowling, billiards, and karaoke. I doubt they'd have much in terms of classic era or pinball. That said, they do usually get some cool machines in; so it's a fun place I'd suggest to checkout if you're a fan of games in general.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

So it was posted that they do have these:

Deadpool, Guardians, Aerosmith, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Star Wars
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Lol, well, shows what I know! Nice lineup.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Sounds like it’s a Dave & Busters style place. I checked their site and it seems they also have a giant playground thing, which looks good for the little kiddies.

If you go, let us know if the pinballs spit out tickets for prizes (if the place does that). I don’t mind being a hero to the kids for playing pinball. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
WindRaidor

Post by WindRaidor »

I went last weekend. I can confirm that lineup posted earlier and add to it Munsters.

Everything is a pro version, and I haven’t seen any ticket dispensers, electronic only at this place, tied to the pinball machines. If you go, all the pinball machines are over by the bowling alley. Also over there, there were some sit down arcade style games that looked like retro fighter games (e.g. capcom). But, I was in a rush with sensory overload by then.

Lines were horrendous to get anything (game card, food, alley, etc). And I’m talking 40-60 mins kind of lines. Strongly recommend going during the day and if you can, on a weekday, until the crowd dies down. Happy to see it was doing good business though.
Godzilla pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Jurassic Park Prem, P3,TNA, Williams Strike Zone Shuffle Alley, Williams Slugfest, Stern Meteor, Chexx Hockey, Arachnid Galaxy 2.5
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Cool, thanks for the review. Those wait times are insane! The sad thing is these places usually have a pretty short shelf life. Hopefully they can keep a pretty steady stream of customers, and hopefully they find that pinball is viable.
Current machines:

DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I was in the area today so stopped with some friends and our kids. It was pretty insanely busy, but not around the pinball machines. The lines to get cards and stuff were manageable - about 5-10 to get my card, and reloaded it without a wait. I didn't really get a chance to play pinball, but the one game I did play (IMDN) was playing fine.

The food and drinks are surprisingly cheap. $2 pints and $3 tall beers (22oz?).

My kids are too young to let loose, but it would be a great place to play some pinball while they burn off some energy if you have older kids.
Current machines:

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:14 pm I didn't really get a chance to play pinball, but the one game I did play (IMDN) was playing fine.

The food and drinks are surprisingly cheap. $2 pints and $3 tall beers (22oz?).
No time for pinball but time to raise a couple pints........ It's good you have the priorities in line. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Captain-Flint

Post by Captain-Flint »

I went last week... they do have a Munsters Pro there now. Fun game, dirty glass though. I mean it was nasty. Other than that everything worked great with the exception of Iron Maidens left sling plastic hangs too far under the left wire form and the ball kept getting stuck.

Star Wars is on a pretty slick floor so it was challenging nudging without the damn thing sliding.

Overall pretty nice Stern Lineup.
AndHart120

Post by AndHart120 »

There is a Round1 at Fox Valley Mall in Aurora, IL. The last time I was there they had a Star Wars, Aerosmith, Guardians, and Ghostbusters. All 4 of them were filthy and had at least one issue with them. Guardians glass was so incredibly dirty and smeared up it would have been like playing through fog. I’d say this doesn’t bode well for this location so if they are playing well take advantage now.

When the Bloomingdale, IL location opened they had 3 machines (Metallica, Walking Dead, and Mustang). They lasted 3 months before pulling them because they were only “trying them out”.