Deadpool next?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Deadpool next?

Post by Hilton »

Leaked image that has been passed around the web.

What do yall think?
Attachments
Deadpool.JPG
ralphwiggum

Re: Deadpool next?

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looks sparse... looks like all the shots are at the top quarter of the playfield. If they capture the humor of Deadpool, it will be a huge seller.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

That was my thought also. Seems pretty stripped back. Wondering if that is an active ball lock mech over the shooter lane.

Some interesting shot paths.

Art concept looks cool (assuming this is Zombie Yeti?)
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That right(ish) ramp shot looks interesting. It also looks like it will be pretty hard to dial in. I look at it, and I can't help but see avengers.

I'm not a superhero fan, personally. I'm glad that's true, because I'd be broke if I were.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

If it happens we’ll very likely buy it unless:

A) Its static art is kid-unfriendly to Walking Dead levels
B) It’s no damn fun to play at all

DP is my favorite Marvel comic. If they dig deep into the comics we’ll probably buy it no matter what. Pandapool? Lady Deadpool? Kidpool? Deadpimp? Deadpimp is an auto buy. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Deadpool_Vol_3_13. Who wouldn’t want a “Defeat the White Man” mode!? :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Really digging the artwork. IRRC, this was Trudeau's pin that was scrapped after the first arrest. Gomez picked it up and ZY is on artwork. I think this was discussed during an interview that ZY did on one of the more recent podcasts I listened to.

The right shot next the the DP figure that swoops around to the left side ramp...that looks to be a shot that might not make it often up the ramp. Very interesting layout choice for sure. Pretty sparse again in the middle of the PF, and it may confirm that Maiden was a one-off as far as Stern keeping the bar at Maiden levels. But one could argue the shortened development time if Gomez started from scratch. In that case, I would rather DP get pushed back for more development time. If ZY is on the artwork, he'll kill it like he did with Maiden.

Unfortunately, we know that callouts will be PG at best. Along with that, they really need to nail the DP voice acting as his lines are 99% of why he is as awesome as he is. Breaking the 4th wall and self-awareness will be a nobrainer. Hopefully, someone like Cleland will put together a custom sound package that will more closely represent DP. I can see a bunch of one liners from the recent movies making an appearance.

As far as the display goes, wishful thinking would be comic-book art style. This game has potential to have really excellent theme integration, but also has potential to really let fans down.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

They added Deadpool to XM not all that long ago. The voice actor seemed pretty good to me, but it's a combo based award, so I honestly don't see it all that often. I may also just be comparing it to the other voice actors in the game, which are hilariously bad.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

The Deadpool voice in XMen is actually pretty good. They did a nice job with his humor too. I love when he taps on the DMD and interacts with the player.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

The guy from the DP video game isn't bad either. So long as people don't go in assuming it's Ryan Reynolds I don't think we have much to worry about.

The language itself doesn't have to be "R", really. The comics tend to be more creative than explicit in the language. The violence is always pretty non-kid friendly, though. Hopefully that stays on the LCD, not the playfield.

Hoping for a late summer reveal!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Pretty darn quiet on this - thought maybe some news or a teaser from Comic Con , but nope.

I would think some time in August if nothing sooner...