Burnin' Down the House tournament - May 12

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
u2sean

Burnin' Down the House tournament - May 12

Post by u2sean »

This is the 1 year anniversary of when Sorcerer decided to get a little toasty (read the attached story)! To celebrate this exciting little happening, we are hosting the first big annual event at Maria's on Saturday May 12th. And YES - Sorcerer will be one of the games in this tournament!

​Tournament/Party Details

Where:
Maria's (1444 East Washington Ave, Madison, WI)

When:
Saturday May 12th starting at 10am for limited entry qualifying. Qualifying cuts off at 4pm. Playoff immediately follows qualifying.

Limited to 48 participants.

$10 in advance, $15 if you pay with cash at the door (goes to IFPA sanctioning, trophies, and prize pool). Coin drop to play.

To pay in advance, PayPal $10 to garrett.peterson@gmail.com as Friends and Family.

Additional Info:
IFPA/WPPR sanctioned event that will max out value based on format.

Qualifying will be a limited entry format. You will receive 12 Qualifying entries to play across 8 available games. Only your top 5 scores across all games will count for ranking. Be aware that qualifying stops at 4pm. Depending on the number of participants and length of games, it is possible you will not get through all of your entries so be sure to plan accordingly.

Playoff format:
Playoff will be an even bracket elimination; 4 packs, across 3 games per round. If we have 32 or more players, the top 16 will make playoffs and it will be single elimination. If we have <32 players then top 8 will make playoffs and it will be double elimination.

4 pack playoffs across 3 pre-selected games each round. Order on all 3 games determined by seed selection. 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring. Top 2 continue on. If there is a need for a tie-breaker, only the impacted players will have a 1 ball playoff on Pop A Card (or alternate selected by TD).

There will be LIVE bands, a food cart, and a few other fun things that we will be announcing as details are worked out. Should make for a really fun day! Trophies and prizes provided by Madison Pinball. Additional prizes provided by Maria's.
NewsStory.PNG
Last edited by u2sean on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
TomGWI

Re: Burnin' Down the House tournament - May 12

Post by TomGWI »

I am in!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Details still being worked out, but a few exciting updates:

We're excited to announce that one of the bands that'll be playing is Milwaukee's own BEAKER!! Don't miss these shows! They'll be doing 2 sets, the first starting right around playoff time. There will be a handful of others between the sets which we will announce as they're booked.

Best part: The Tournament entry fee gets you into ALL the shows! That's a bargain at twice the price! Haven't signed up yet? What are you waiting for?? Get in before the spots are claimed!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Great news, Sean! If you have not seen BEAKER, do yourself a favor and come either just to watch or ideally to play pinball and see BEAKER. They are awesome!
Here is a video of one of their popular songs so check it out. Thanks for organizing and running this Madison Pinball and Maria's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HBBTTMRBWM
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

This really is more than a pinball tournament. We have been wanting to do something like this for a bit and with Jack (the owner of Maria's) it is a perfect fit to get some great music, food carts, and entertainment to go along with a pinball tournament.

This is more like a party and mini pinball entertainment type show.

With only 48 spots, I am guessing this will sell out for the tourney.

Reminder that paying in advance secures you a spot and also saves you money ($10 in advance and all the entry goes towards IFPA fees, trophies, prizes, etc... the bands are just free icing on top of the cake :) )
chevmontess

Post by chevmontess »

I'm in :)
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Chateen and I can make it! Small chance I have to work that day... crossing my fingers!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Hey Everyone,

This is going to be a great time, we are really looking forward to it! I just want to clarify, if you contact me (via e-mail or text) I will put a hold for you on the list for a day or two pending payment, but you are not registered for sure until you pay $10 either to me in person or via PayPal (garrett.peterson@gmail.com).

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Money sent. Count me in. This looks like it’s gonna be a killer tournament. Thanks!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

For those looking to bolster your IFPA points, you are gonna want to get signed up as there will now be 2 events simultaneously to play in.

More details coming soon. 2nd event will not have a limited # of people, but Burnin' is a hard cut off still.

You can probably guess what the 2nd event is going to be for :)
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Only 2 weeks before the event! We are about 2/3 full already now so sign up if you want to join us for 2 pinball tourneys, 4 bands and a whole lot of fun!

Jack just sent me the band line up for the night, this is going to be Awesome!

Beaker:
https://beakermusic.bandcamp.com/

Lina Tullgren:
www.linatullgren.bandcamp.com

Spirits Having Fun:
https://m.soundcloud.com/spiritshavingfun

Carbon Bangle:
www.carbonbangle.bandcamp.com
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

As of now the games that are in the tourney will be:
Sorcerer
Star Wars
KISS
Iron Man
Star Trek
Jack Bot
Gorgar
Pop a Card

and of course the Iron Maiden will be there for that launch party. Plenty of pinball to play. LOTR or High Speed are also there and we will bring them into the mix if we need to swap something out.

Also the food truck fell through (sorry!), however there are several great restaurants in the area if you want to run out and grab something. I will also collect some money and order a pizza around 1:30 or so if anyone wants to jump in you are welcome to do so.

Should be a lot of fun on Saturday! There are still about 15 slots left so let me know if you want in, I will post on Friday if there are still slots left for walk ins.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Woohoo! Can’t wait!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Are there still spots open for the tournament? I think I can make it.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Eric_S wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 am Are there still spots open for the tournament? I think I can make it.
email Garrett. As of yesterday morning there were 12 spots open.