Help Bringing Games To MGC

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
NoahK

Help Bringing Games To MGC

Post by NoahK »

Moe and I have three machines between the two of us that we would like to bring to MGC next month, but do not have a way of transporting them to and from the show. Does anyone have trailer space or would be willing to split a U-haul or something? We are both on the SW side of Madison. Thanks.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
NoahK

Re: Help Bringing Games To MGC

Post by NoahK »

Still looking for help with this. It looks like we can get our hands on a vehicle that can haul one of the machines, but still need to figure out the other two. If anyone can help us out, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I have a pretty nice aluminum trailer (flat bed, not covered).

If you have a hitch (standard 2in ball; or are they 2.25? whatever is standard) then you could borrow it.

I have occasionally used it to haul game in nice weather and just stretch wrap them well.
It gets the job done, but of course not ideal and if you have a hitch I would probably deffer to renting and enclosed uhaul trailer for the day.
moe

Post by moe »

We've got access to a car with a hitch on it and an open trailer, the problem is the tow rating of only 1500lbs. With an open trailer it's fine but weather for that week is looking like rain in the long range forecast and the smallest uhaul trailer that fits 3 games is 900lbs so tlwe would likely be very close or at the towing limits.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Towing capacities are more of a guideline, really. :D

But, if you can put one in the car and then two in the trailer you'd be fine from a towing perspective. Years ago, I took my Toyota Matrix (1000lb towing capacity) down to MGC with an open trailer. One game in the back of the car, 2 on the trailer. I carefully drove the speed limit and it rained going down. Worked out well.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I was wondering the same thing about towing capacities, if they only apply to the weight of the trailer or take the total weight of the vehicle into account. The open trailer we have access to might be the way to go assuming the weather isn't terrible. Thanks Hilton for the offer though.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Towing capacity is just the trailer and cargo. The gross vehicle weight would take into account trailer plus passengers and anything else in or on the car. Here's a nice little article: https://www.topspeed.com/trucks/truck-n ... 70318.html
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem