JJP Pirates of the Caribbean - play for ONE WEEK

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
u2sean

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean - play for ONE WEEK

Post by u2sean »

Hey everyone, something special has just shown up at Schwoegler's Park Towne Lanes - the new Pirates of the Caribbean from Jersey Jack Pinball! HUGE thanks to KingPin Games for making this available for everyone to play!! As you know, this is the same manufacturer that has brought us great games such as Wizard of Oz, Hobbit and Dialed In! Plus...it was designed by local Eric Meunier. These WI boys are making names for themselves!

It will be available to play for a VERY LIMITED time - just one week. So if you're looking to see what it's all about and get some time on a new game and see what it's all about, stop on by! Don't forget to bring your own headphones so you can hear all the sounds and callouts!

Like what you see and want to get one for yourself?? KingPin can easily hook you up! Ask anyone on this forum - KingPin is the man.

Enjoy, everyone!!
Pirates2.jpg

Pirates1.jpg
Pirates6.jpg
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Re: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean - play for ONE WEEK

Post by Hilton »

KingPin is THE MAN!

I heard for this week only, every POTC order comes with an autographed 8X11 of Chris in a ladies small sized sexy T.

SUPER DUPER LIMITED!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

That just not true...

It's an 11x17.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Just got back from Schwoeglers. What a fun table!

U-turn spinners? On an upper playfield? A MOVING upper playfield? And it's got a cannon on it? I spent my whole game just shooting the ball up there. Tons of fun. Never did get to fire the cannon, but I both suck and have no idea what I'm doing, so there ya go.

The spinning discs are incredible. I saw the ball touch the outer wheel and literally get sucked around the wheel to make almost a complete rotation around the wheel. It looked like the ball was glued to the spinner for a little over a second. Most action I've ever seen from that type of mechanism by far. Despite that, you can still make shots when it's spinning, so it's not irritating.

The hole under the upper flipper is really fun. Great little design feature, and when I figure out what the heck I'm doing I'm sure I'll be aiming for it more. :)

I played as the add-a-ball guy mostly, which was pretty cool. Even not knowing what anything does, there's so many toys and shots that it's a lot of fun.

Great work, Eric! The table is a lot of fun, and it looks beautiful. I wish I had a ton more playtime with it!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I put on about 15 games and have to say that I really enjoyed it! The game itself is beautiful and the screen does a good job of showing your status. The game played a bit slower than I would have liked, but a bit of an incline would fix that. There are so many shots from all 3 flippers and knowing what to shoot for was a challenge (for me). I played in the afternoon and there were only a few bowlers playing so I could clearly hear all of the music and callouts. I think due to the speed, the spinning discs really messed with the ball, and actually probably saved a few SDTM drains by moving it to the side enough to save. I never felt that the disc ever cheaply drained the ball or that it put the ball in danger.

In all, i think owners will be very happy with the game. Nice job Eric and the JJP team!
moe

Post by moe »

Great game from the few I've played.

Main comment would be there should be a short ball save after the mystery hole. Half the time it just shot it STDM on me and the other times required very quick reaction with the left flipper to avoid a drain.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

moe wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 pm Great game from the few I've played.

Main comment would be there should be a short ball save after the mystery hole. Half the time it just shot it STDM on me and the other times required very quick reaction with the left flipper to avoid a drain.
That happened to me often as well. Like a KISS save out of the demon mouth.

But overall, outstanding. I would love to hear this pin a little better but I hope this isn’t the last time I see it.

My ball did get stuck 3 times in the gate that comes down on the very left side in the upper playing field. I let it search and then it kicked out a chaser after 5 or 6 searches.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

My wife and I got a few games in on Saturday.

Overall it feels like a solid machine. Lots of things to shoot for and nothing particular felt overly difficult. I liked the upper playfield and managed to shoot the cannon twice. We couldn't figure out the skillshot. I did manage to get two multiballs going. I also was reminded a bit of GOT Premium with how whenever I start a mode that the ball immediately drops SDTM or is flung to an outlane (yeah I know play better.)

Thank you very much for putting this machine out on location for us. I look forward to seeing how the code develops in the future.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
moe

Post by moe »

from what i could figure out, there was a skill shot for a soft plunge into the pop bumpers, there was a slightly stronger shot that got you onto the boat, though not sure if it counted as a skill shot ot not, and i think there might have been one off of the upper flipper on a full plunge, but i'm not sure on that one.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Correct.

Skill shots

Soft plunge into the pops

Mid plunge into the scoop under the boat

Full plunge around and then into the map hole.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
SantiagoC

Post by SantiagoC »

I wish I could try this machine out. It really sounds solid from what you guys are saying. Are there any videos of it online?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

SantiagoC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 am I wish I could try this machine out. It really sounds solid from what you guys are saying. Are there any videos of it online?
Sadly the game is now gone, but it will for sue be available for play at the idwest gamin classic. With any luck it will also be on route more permenantly once hey start production :D
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

SantiagoC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 am I wish I could try this machine out. It really sounds solid from what you guys are saying. Are there any videos of it online?
I have some of the videos on the homepage of my website.

Www.Kingpingames.net
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell