2018 League Dates

u2sean

Re: 2018 League Dates

Post by u2sean »

Thanks everyone for volunteering to take the slots for 2018. We are now officially FULL! Looking forward to a great season!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Wonderful. I think this will help with attendance as it gives people time to plan accordingly.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 am Thanks everyone for volunteering to take the slots for 2018. We are now officially FULL! Looking forward to a great season!
Am I taking June or did Mike want to hold on his month?
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:06 pm Am I taking June or did Mike want to hold on his month?
Mike officially took June
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Happy to see that all months/dates are solidifed so far in advance. It really helps for planning on busy schedules!

On the next note of planning, has the board decided on what our fee structure, IFPA reporting segments/combinations, and any other changes may be?
It would be nice to know these soon/before the season gets underway.

I personally really want to push for 1x per year reporting to IFPA and have a few reasons aside from the $1 fee the IFPA is charging per person per submission.

Of greatest importance to me is that the league actually accurately reflect player skill if we are reporting to IFPA and the current 2 month combined structure does not do that. It over inflates points with members that only are able to make it to 1 out of 2 league nights (they still add to base value). This puts greater emphasis on "just show up" rather than actual skill. As a personal example, I voulenteered for dec 2017 almost a year in advance. I am unable to attend Nov which means even for the league night where I should have some sort of chance at placing/advantage of home collection hosting, I would not do better than anyone that just shows up both months. Right now our system is one where someone could finish 10th 2 months in a row and place better for the "season" than anyone else in the top four a single month that does not come the extra month.

Secondary importance and by law of averages, it just seems "right" to stop with the point grab BS and report instead for what accurately reflects what our league tracks; which is an annual champ. If we are going to run a year long tracking then we should mimic that with our IFPA submission.
Alternatively, if we are going to run 4 "seasons" for IFPA purposes, then we should mimic that for league purposes and have quarterly champions crowned.

Third is that is we run an year long league then people will surely miss a few. That is just the reality of running a collector league with so much pinball and other stuff going on in personal lives. Having the schedule set so far in advance is a great thing, but wont solve it all. If we just submit at the end of each year then missing a few has no real impact on IFPA reporting.

The TLDR version : Reporting 1 x per year is the 'right choice' for the integrity of the system. For too long we have worked the loopholes to inflate IFPA point status and done so at the sacrafice of both fun and accuracy of reporting/reflecting skill.

Looking forward to next year :)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 am On the next note of planning, has the board decided on what our fee structure, IFPA reporting segments/combinations, and any other changes may be? It would be nice to know these soon/before the season gets underway.
Will be having one follow up vote for all returning members and the results will be announced at the next league night. They will also be placed into a new thread for all members to see.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm
Hilton wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 am On the next note of planning, has the board decided on what our fee structure, IFPA reporting segments/combinations, and any other changes may be? It would be nice to know these soon/before the season gets underway.
Will be having one follow up vote for all returning members and the results will be announced at the next league night. They will also be placed into a new thread for all members to see.
cool

curious why there was never even a voting option for 1x per year reporting along with a single league season?

Did I miss it on the original poll or did the board just elect that 1x reporting was not a viable option before putting it to vote?