Dialed In Launch Party April 10-14 AND April 15th

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Dialed In Launch Party April 10-14 AND April 15th

Post by Hilton »

HUGE thanks to KINGPIN GAMES!!!!! He is able to work and bring in a pre-production game for 1 full week! Thanks Chris!!!

Dialed In Launch Party
​The official launch party tournament will occur on Saturday April 15th at Schwoeglers (same day as regular monthly event).
Unique for this event will be the ability to also qualify for playoffs during the week leading up to the launch.

Launch Party Details
Where: Schwoeglers (444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI)

When: Monday April 10-14 for Qualifying group 1 (you can qualify on BOTH ALT BREW AND SCHWOEG GAMES) and then April 15th from 11:30am-~3:30pm for Qualifying group 2 (qualifying time may alter slightly depending on # in attendance). Playoff for BOTH groups immediately follows qualifying.

Tell me more:
Qualify 1: Dialed In! will be available to play April 10 - 14 during normal business hours.  Scores will be cleared prior to Qualifying start. The top 6 unique qualifying initials at the end of the day Friday (3 from Alt and 3 from Schwoegs) will advance to playoffs during Saturday launch party. If someone is not present, we will qualify down as far as initials are present to fill the 3 positions from each (or run out of HSTD initials).  
Qualify 2: On April 15, every participant arriving between 11:30pm-3:30pm at Schwoeglers is provided one free game.  If all participants in attendance at any given time have already played their free game, then they are allowed to play additional qualifying attempts  ($1 per attempt; Players responsibility to Void any score that is not higher than previous attempt).  Priority of play is given to any arriving players that have not yet played their 1st attempt and they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts.  Highest score for each player at the end of qualifying is used to determine final seed (top 6, or 50% of total qualifiers to a round number) or final place (9th - ?). Officials reserve the option to modify qualifying time or playoff structure as needed.  Players MAY qualify for both Qualifying group 1 and Qualifying group 2 in order to control an advantage in playoffs of a first round bye.

Playoff format:
If someone qualifies in both groups 1 and 2 they are awarded a bye the first round and their total score is used to rank with others in the same situation.  All other qualifiers from groups 1 and 2 will be ranked based on score for a total of 12 playoff finalists (please note that based on IFPA rules, at least 10% of total player base must advance to a playoff so depending on total players, the playoff pool may be expanded.  Officials will make these modifications on the fly in order to create an even playoff bracket which also accounts for dual qualifiers with byes).  example structure>>>1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 5-6 preselected games with Launch game as 1 of the games. 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring based on finishing position for each game and combined total used to determine whom advances.  Player position on all games for playoff round selected with priority given to higher seed to lower seed.  Play position will be maintained for the entire playoff match. When games are open and available for play, each playoff group is required to efficiently play through all games (i.e. multiple games being played simultaneously). Top 2 players from each group advance to finals round.  If there is a tie after all games, the player with the higher score on Dialed In in that playoff round advances.

Finals round the remaining 4 players will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 5-6 preselected games with Launch game as the final game. 

Prizes:  Trophies and prizes provided by Madison Pinball.  Additional prizes provided by Madison Pinball and Schwoeglers.
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris K

Re: Dialed In Launch Party April 10-14 AND April 15th

Post by Chris K »

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for working your magic, Kingpin! I've been wanting to get to Chicago to try it out but that's pretty difficult with little kids.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Put up some low scores for ya'll to beat.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

updated first post due to having Dialed in at BOTH Alt Brew and Schwoeglers.

You can qualify on BOTH machines during the week. Top 3 qualifiers from each location.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

So top 6 qualifiers for Saturday as well as 3 alt & 3 Schweg's during the week for a total of 12 making playoffs?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:So top 6 qualifiers for Saturday as well as 3 alt & 3 Schweg's during the week for a total of 12 making playoffs?
correct. We are under the impression that the Sat launch will have a good turnout so wanted to expand the field to 6 (instead of 4) qualifiers from Sat. Also HUGE thanks to KingPin for getting us the second DI back post MGC. Since we were able to get it and take it to Alt, we figured this was a great way to allow people the ability to grab some play and potential qualifying slots throughout the week.

The general plan is you could hypothetically get 1 slot during the week and 1 slot during the Sat launch. That would ensure you a first round bye during playoffs. Alternatively, you could secure a slot during the week and then just come slightly before playoffs start on Sat.
Playoff format will be like we always do for these (PAPA style on 5-6 pre-selected games; 3player or 4 player games) but there will be some on the fly adjustments if people are able to secure byes.

Just trying something new which is largely from feedback that the launch parties are fun but people cant always dedicate a whole Saturday to come play. I find it fun to switch things up and try out new things.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
TomGWI wrote:So top 6 qualifiers for Saturday as well as 3 alt & 3 Schweg's during the week for a total of 12 making playoffs?
correct. We are under the impression that the Sat launch will have a good turnout so wanted to expand the field to 6 (instead of 4) qualifiers from Sat. Also HUGE thanks to KingPin for getting us the second DI back post MGC. Since we were able to get it and take it to Alt, we figured this was a great way to allow people the ability to grab some play and potential qualifying slots throughout the week.

The general plan is you could hypothetically get 1 slot during the week and 1 slot during the Sat launch. That would ensure you a first round bye during playoffs. Alternatively, you could secure a slot during the week and then just come slightly before playoffs start on Sat.
Playoff format will be like we always do for these (PAPA style on 5-6 pre-selected games; 3player or 4 player games) but there will be some on the fly adjustments if people are able to secure byes.

Just trying something new which is largely from feedback that the launch parties are fun but people cant always dedicate a whole Saturday to come play. I find it fun to switch things up and try out new things.

So if there is a small turnout will the qualifiers be cut down to say 2.
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Hilton wrote:updated first post due to having Dialed in at BOTH Alt Brew and Schwoeglers.

You can qualify on BOTH machines during the week. Top 3 qualifiers from each location.
Are the operators allowed to qualify during the week?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

qualifiers should not be cut down. IFPA requires a min of 10% and max of 50% can make playoffs.

That means if 24 people play in the event then 12 is just fine. I am assuming there will be more than 4 people showing up, but I guess you never know how many are going to come.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Awesome. Plan to be there Saturday. :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pfcjimmy wrote:
Hilton wrote:updated first post due to having Dialed in at BOTH Alt Brew and Schwoeglers.

Are the operators allowed to qualify during the week?

Sean is the TD and that is his call. I recieved a message from him that he is not allowing pre-qualifying by myself, Garrett, or himself as we are all MP reps.
That means when you see me GC the Alt Brew machine, you can ignore it (I will still be over there playing cause this game rocks and I want more time on it)
edit: to add that I will be sure to leave a psudonym so you know I have been there :)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

pfcjimmy wrote:Are the operators allowed to qualify during the week?
Good question. Round 1 qualifying (week long) excludes MP owners. Also, in order to be as clear as possible about pre-qualifiers at both locations, the intent is to select 3 different players from each location. You could be a top qualifier at both locations, but the location with the HIGHEST position (and subsequently score if it's the same) will count as your location. Others then taken after that.

For example, let's assume these qualifiers:
Location 1:
A 100
G 90
C 80
D 75
B 60
L 50
D 40

Location 2:
A 110
B 90
C 80
D 70
E 20
F 10
G 08

A would advance at Location 2 (#1) because they had a higher score there, with the same top position.
B would advance at Location 2 (#2) because of position
G would advance at Location 1 (#1) as top spot because A already advanced
C would advance at Location 1 (#2) because they now have a higher position there with A already advancing at the other location
D would advance at Location 1 (#3) because of the higher score, same position
E would advance at Location 2 (#3) because they're now 3rd position there with C and D advancing at the other location

If these players aren't present for the location, then we go down the list from EACH location separately to try to complete the 3 person field from each. If for some reason we don't fill these spots (say we only have 4 pre-qualifiers) then we'll open it up to top 8 qualifiers at the launch.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:
pfcjimmy wrote:Are the operators allowed to qualify during the week?
If for some reason we don't fill these spots (say we only have 4 pre-qualifiers) then we'll open it up to top 8 qualifiers at the launch.
challenge accepted :)

with GC and 10 other positions, I have to wonder if I can fill all 11 spots in the HSTD board at Alt Brew in order to allow more qualifying chances for myself on Saturday (since I am excluded form prequalifying during tge week) :twisted:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I got a few games on DI last night but unable to crack the GC default.

Man I really like this game the more I play it!!!! Just so much fun to shoot. "Crazy" call out gets stuck in your head, lol.

I wish they would add more of them. "Crazy" "That is Crazy" "SUUUPPPER Crazy!" "oh, you're crazy"

could be like the whole sienfeld "these pretzels are making me thirsty" with all the different characters in the game.

I am noticing more innuendo in call outs also, but want to hear even more.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Dude, you'd hear innuendo in a Catholic mass. In Latin. ;)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses