OT: Car shows in SE WI

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
cad-kid

Re: OT: Car shows in SE WI

Post by cad-kid »

Fortytwo wrote:I know it's a bit north but in Stevens Point every Saturday night 6:00 at Wendy's is a cruise in. Free first one is Memorial Day weekend and goes past Labor Day. I make it there a bit with my Studebaker. FortyTwo
And I make it there with my Corvair every so often
DSC01500 (2000x1333).jpg
13217504.jpg
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

cad-kid wrote:
Fortytwo wrote:I know it's a bit north but in Stevens Point every Saturday night 6:00 at Wendy's is a cruise in. Free first one is Memorial Day weekend and goes past Labor Day. I make it there a bit with my Studebaker. FortyTwo
And I make it there with my Corvair every so often
DSC01500 (2000x1333).jpg
13217504.jpg

Cool to see another pinhead that doesn't believe in driving cars with those pesky radiators.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

We have a 1968 Galaxie convertible. Not show quality by any stretch but a decent driver with lower mileage. We usually try to get to Gus's at least once a Summer. It's always fun to check out all the old rides and the food is good.

Thought I had decent pic handy but only have one from when it was getting a new top last year.
Attachments
Goldie.JPG
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Ken wrote:My coworker runs a show at Bethany Lutheran church in Hustisford. Kinda late though, September 10th.
That's not late at all. Last Fall I was still cruising in October.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

MikeS wrote:There's the "Cars on State" classic show in early June (4th this year)here in Madison. I've checked it out a few times and enjoy seeing all the old cars.

http://visitdowntownmadison.com/events/ ... ry_id=3083
Thanks Mike. I'll have to check this out next year. The lady leaves a couple days later for 3 months so I'm booking to hang at home that weekend.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

KingPin Games wrote:Automotion is this weekend in the dells if you want to come up.
Thanks Chris. Man I would love to but I have commitments. I'll have to read up on that one for next year.
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

They have something in Waukesha every Wednesday night at the Gasthaus among other places:

http://www.wednesdaynightclassics.com/
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks Greg,

I'm def going to check that one out.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks Greg,

I'll def have to check that one out.
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

ChrisS wrote:Thanks Greg,

Let me know when you do, I'll swing by . . .
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Copy your copy.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

gjbwalker wrote:
ChrisS wrote:Thanks Greg,

Let me know when you do, I'll swing by . . .
Careful there Greg.... Chris' car has a huge backseat, it was the first thing he showed me, and I didn't quite make out what he was saying when he was showing it to me, but it sounded like "I'll be your Huckleberry"....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

MikeS wrote:There's the "Cars on State" classic show in early June (4th this year)here in Madison. I've checked it out a few times and enjoy seeing all the old cars.

http://visitdowntownmadison.com/events/ ... ry_id=3083
I beleive that show is a invatation only show. My father in law got to bring his 51 merc. I went. A lot of nice cars. There is also a show in baraboo yo coincides with a street event. Really fun, they have a pump organ and some of the circus wagons out. If you decide to go shoot me a message and I'll let you know if I'm going.

Don't forget IOLA show and swap meet. It's inly 30 minute from the house so a must every year.
FortyTwo
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

gjbwalker wrote:They have something in Waukesha every Wednesday night at the Gasthaus among other places:

http://www.wednesdaynightclassics.com/

For all those interested I'm going to check out this car show this Wednesday night. The weather looks good.

I plan to get there about 5:30. Let me know if your heading that way.

Chris
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

The Lake Geneva, WI American Legion has posted their car show details. This is a smaller show but they have looks of raffle prizes & silent auction stuff.

9-3. Typically they do judging at 2pm
Chris

http://www.post24lgwi.org/files/2016_Ca ... evised.pdf
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.18.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.18.20 PM.png
Last edited by ChrisS on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.