2015 Member Interest List

Hilton

Re: 2015 Member Interest List

Post by Hilton »

Ran wrote: Now if someone wants to load me a few games...

-Ran
sounds a bit kinky...
Ran

Post by Ran »

Hilton wrote:
Ran wrote: Now if someone wants to load me a few games...

-Ran
sounds a bit kinky...
Weird things tend to happen in my little game room.
Very weird things....
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I figured that was how you got the 2nd kid...

Now you need to get a 4th machine so you can host :)
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

I'm in for next year and can host. I can host this year too.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Last edited by Hilton on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Last edited by Hilton on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

A few things. First regarding Ryan D - he will be out as he's moving to Florida. He's bummed but that's what happens sometimes.

Finally, my thought on opening up the league a bit more. I do like the "cap" of 20 regulars. If there are spots, fill them up with those that are truly interested (for example, Gene).

As everyone knows, not all people can make all nights due to schedules. Totally understandable. I would like to suggest that we have a short roster of substitutes that would be available to fill in when someone can't make it. By "fill in", I mean they would simply play in the open slot as themself. If we keep points on a monthly basis, this would work. For those of you who bowl, you know that having substitutes available is almost necessary throughout the season. I say limit the initial sub list to 4 individuals and have them rotate in.

Example: We have four subs (1-4) and the first month only 17 people can make it. Subs 1-3 would have first chance at taking the opening. Let's say that the do - we now have the league limit of 20. Next month, there are 2 people that can't make it. Sub 4 would get first choice and then Sub 1. Simple, gets a few more people into rotation, and lets everyone have more fun.

Most of all - keep it simple and keep it fun. That's what it's all about.

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I get what you are saying in regards to subs, and pretty much agree (but don't personally care one way or the other). I don't think we have enough room for subs and friends/family for a lot of hosts. I think we pretty much count on attendance being about 16, with a few friends/family bringing the total to 20-ish. For some places (including mine) that ends up being a lot of bodies in one space, especially if subs keep the number of participants to 20.

As far as Corey goes, let him know that I am not neutered yet, but I am up to date with my shots :lol:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:
As far as Corey goes, let him know that I am not neutered yet, but I am up to date with my shots :lol:
key word... "yet" hahahaha
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:
key word... "yet" hahahaha

I am hoping I cant get a BOGO coupon when my wife is delivering our third.... They can just use a giant pair of hospital scissors and cut us both in one fell swoop.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS

Post by MikeS »

On the topic of subs I agree with with both Tim and Hilton for the reason's mentioned. I think it works well currently when there are around 16 members attending on a monthly basis and allowing extra guests at the discretion of the host. I think most of our homes and collections are better equipped to handle 15 to 20 people vs. 20 or more if we allow subs. Also, from the looks of it I would guess that attendance will likely be better for this next year as some of the people that didn't attend often are dropping out and being replaced by members that will likely be able to attend more league events.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Last edited by Hilton on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.