Help, I am getting a pinball machine!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
NoahK

Re: Help, I am getting a pinball machine!

Post by NoahK »

Thanks Maya. Were these the inserts for the beast popups? If so, I believe my game came with them already installed. Thanks for the offer though.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

NoahK wrote:Thanks Maya. Were these the inserts for the beast popups? If so, I believe my game came with them already installed. Thanks for the offer though.
It should have come with the beast ball guards, newer drop target springs and new left wireform. All machines produced after 7/15/16 would have been updated at the factory.

If you have any issues let me know. Even though I didn't sell it to you, I am still your local distributor and want you to be happy with your first game.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

KingPin Games wrote:If you have any issues let me know. Even though I didn't sell it to you, I am still your local distributor and want you to be happy with your first game.
Kingpin is the MAN! The. Man. End of line.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Thanks a lot, Chris. I'll be sure to call you first when I am ready to buy a new Stern or JJP machine. Speaking of which, let me know if you hear of Stern releasing an R2-D2 LE for their upcoming Star Wars machine. My wife told me that we may have to buy that if it comes out. :D

The only issue I have right now is with the right wireform. The outermost wire on the turn over the pops in front of the book is rather low. A fast shot to the left ramp will cause the ball to sometimes fall out over the pops when it hits that turn. I compared it to your machine at Schwoegler's and the one there is much higher. Jesse told me to just "tweak" the wireform a bit. I tried pushing the wire up with my hand and it flexed a little, but I am not sure if that did much. I don't know how strong the welds are on these and was a little wary about using a pliers to try to bend it. How do you "tweak" a wireform?
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Here is a picture.
IMG_20160909_175118241.jpg
Ken

Post by Ken »

Congrats on the new rig Noah! I know how much you've been looking forward to it! Now learn the rules so you can teach me.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

NoahK wrote:Thanks a lot, Chris. I'll be sure to call you first when I am ready to buy a new Stern or JJP machine. Speaking of which, let me know if you hear of Stern releasing an R2-D2 LE for their upcoming Star Wars machine. My wife told me that we may have to buy that if it comes out. :D

The only issue I have right now is with the right wireform. The outermost wire on the turn over the pops in front of the book is rather low. A fast shot to the left ramp will cause the ball to sometimes fall out over the pops when it hits that turn. I compared it to your machine at Schwoegler's and the one there is much higher. Jesse told me to just "tweak" the wireform a bit. I tried pushing the wire up with my hand and it flexed a little, but I am not sure if that did much. I don't know how strong the welds are on these and was a little wary about using a pliers to try to bend it. How do you "tweak" a wireform?

the welds are pretty strong. you can put a good amount of pressure on them. one thing to check first though is to see if for some reason you are missing (or have the incorrect) spacer that holds up the ramp. i am not in front of my machine now, but i believe there is one on the right side of the right ramp. if it is too tall it would cause the left side to be pushed towards a downward slant.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Ken wrote:Congrats on the new rig Noah! I know how much you've been looking forward to it! Now learn the rules so you can teach me.
Thank Ken. I am looking forward to learning this game too!
KingPin Games wrote:the welds are pretty strong. you can put a good amount of pressure on them. one thing to check first though is to see if for some reason you are missing (or have the incorrect) spacer that holds up the ramp. i am not in front of my machine now, but i believe there is one on the right side of the right ramp. if it is too tall it would cause the left side to be pushed towards a downward slant.
That would actually make a lot of sense. Several times I noticed that the ball will bounce off the inline divider after exiting the wireform and with my luck tends to bounce into the right outlane. I'll take a closer look once I get the other issues resolved.