Mad Rollin > 2016... over $3600 raised for Sara!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Mad Rollin > 2016... Input from all please

Post by Hilton »

I appreciate the kind words BigDaddy, but for some important clarification >> It is really the local collectors that put on the show.

I do some leg work and logistical stuff behind the scenes but reality is that the event has grown largely due to the great people and collectors in particular in the area that are willing to do LOTS of work to bring their games out for a weekend long charity event each year.

Chris, in short Mad Rollin is a Friday/Saturday event (typically held in Sept each year) where local collectors bring their personal and amazing quality games (typically MRP has the nicest assortment of games in any show its size anywhere) and people pay a decent sized entry fee to come play in an all day long tournament. ALL money raised goes to charity and last year we raised $3600 which was donated to the carbone cancer research center. We pick a new charity or deserving person each year, but most revolve around cancer research or treatment.

The Sat pinball event itself is a 2 part event. Golf style of play in the morning as individual competition and a pretty good time. Afternoon is a team based event for the real bragging points.

There is also a Friday event for game bringgers where we drink and eat and have fun with the people that bring their game in to share for the weekend. My way of personally saying thanks!

Every year we try to tweak and improve the event to make it more fun and raise more $$$. I really just started this thread to see if there was any input and try to get a feel for possible dates that work for the core group that always makes the event possible.
mkecasey

Post by mkecasey »

Wish I could go. But I'll have probably already relocated out east by then. It was a great event and hope 2016 is another successful year.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

mkecasey wrote:Wish I could go. But I'll have probably already relocated out east by then. It was a great event and hope 2016 is another successful year.

Had no idea you were leaving us!!!???!! Bummed to hear that but happy for you (assuming this is a good thing for you)

Where you moving to?

Dont forget they make planes that fly direct into Madison if you want to come back :)
mkecasey

Post by mkecasey »

Hilton wrote:

Had no idea you were leaving us!!!???!! Bummed to hear that but happy for you (assuming this is a good thing for you)

Where you moving to?

Dont forget they make planes that fly direct into Madison if you want to come back :)
I've just now started to leak the news out so it makes sense you had no idea. It's for good reasons. My girlfriend lives out there and we've been flying back and forth each month. Finally putting an end to that. (But please keep the new off of Facebook, don't need my employer to find out yet...)

I'll be in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. So about an 45 minutes north of Philly, 2 hours from NYC. So let me know if you are coming out to the Allentown show or anything like that. I'll definitely try to make it out to Madison a few times before I leave. Will you be doing another month long event in March? I'll also try to coordinate visits home with tournaments in Madison and Milwaukee and stuff. I'm sad to be leaving though. Felt like I just started to get to know the great people in our pinball community. If you are ever in the area, let me know. Plenty of great pinball in that area.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

so happy for your positive move!

We for sure need to hang and play before you take off.

We are running the spring Classic in March. Another month long event with playoff at the end. I need to start up a thread on here, but on our MP website already.

I would liek to make it to allentown at some point as it sounds like a fun show!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

on the topic of MRP, can those whom are willing and able to bring a game please post up or reach out to me ASAP.

It seems lots of people are having kids and busy with life (MGC game count list down?) so before we cement everything down on MRP being a go, I need to get an idea that we will have enough games to make this happen.

I will likely start an official thread on pinside also at some point but it is the local collectors that really make this all happen, so wanted to see whom here is in.

1. Hilton - 2 games
2. Mark - 1; likely 2 (thanks Mark)
3. Garrett - 1
4. Sean -1
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I can bring one for sure, maybe 2, but the 2nd would be an EM if you want it.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:I can bring one for sure, maybe 2, but the 2nd would be an EM if you want it.

EMs are always great! (so long as it isn't melody ;) )

I will 'Mark' you down
BigDaddyBanjo

Re: Mad Rollin > 2016... Starting a game list > post up pls

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Hilton, this is always great tourney and I love the charity cause. Youth football schedules may keep us out of participating this year, but you can count on me for a game either way.

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

If it's the Sept 23-25 weekend there's a good chance I won't be able to attend. Even if that's the case, I'll figure out a way to get a game there. Put me down for 1. Thanks!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks G and S!

put you both down for 1.

Hopefully we can get the count up around 14-15 in a short time. That will show me there is enough interest to make it happen.

I honestly have been comtemplating taking a year off for MRP. With all the regular pinball things going on, it seems the interest has gone down for the big events (understandable as I know it is tough to lug games around and dedicate a whole weekend to pinball).
chaos

Post by chaos »

For those of us who really dislike the format of the monthly tournaments, the big tournaments are always really exciting. Especially MRP, since there are few other chances to really play golf. I'd be really sad to miss it.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

chaos wrote:For those of us who really dislike the format of the monthly tournaments, the big tournaments are always really exciting. Especially MRP, since there are few other chances to really play golf. I'd be really sad to miss it.

does that mean I can mark you down for having that sweet sweet Xenon brought over ;) ?
Methos

Post by Methos »

chaos wrote:For those of us who really dislike the format of the monthly tournaments, the big tournaments are always really exciting. Especially MRP, since there are few other chances to really play golf. I'd be really sad to miss it.
The pin golf format is a nice alternative to points scoring.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

I'm probably good for 3. Wizard of oz, the hobbit and I will find another.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games