This Forum

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
administrator
Site Admin

This Forum

Post by administrator »

This section to really help others out with reference pics, notes, and other "gotchas" people may run into when working on their machines. It can be a GREAT resource for files- scans for plastic recreation, etc.

Remember, we have UNLIMITED storage, and the photos can be very high resolution.

Have fun and enjoy!
ralphwiggum

Re: New Forum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Couple of Notes-

10 PHOTOS AT A TIME PER POST (this is to not overload the server with high resolution stuff)

Please comment, ask questions, etc. in each post. If you have scans and resources to share, please don't hold back.

Also, if you want to list rubbers, bulbs, etc, we will post them as a listing at the beginning of each thread (along with other general notes).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Ken

Post by Ken »

What a great idea. You da man Tim!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Nice! Thanks, Tim!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Methos

Post by Methos »

Great idea Tim.

Now other noobs like me have another resource to try and figure this stuff out. :)
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Very cool idea Tim, I'm getting tired of re-reading the Mr. Pinball repair tips of the day over and over again trying to find my answer. :lol:
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I would also like to add... Many of you use(myself included) cloud services like Google drive, etc.... If you wanted to send me links, I would be more than happy to do the legwork of downloading your albums and posting them here and giving you the credit you deserve....
Current Collection
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I don't have many (or any) albums I'd consider to be "restoration" albums, but I have tons of shopout pictures I could post for reference.

In fact - would it be preferable to just post a shared link for each of them to take the strain off of this site?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:I don't have many (or any) albums I'd consider to be "restoration" albums, but I have tons of shopout pictures I could post for reference.

In fact - would it be preferable to just post a shared link for each of them to take the strain off of this site?

Yeah, I wouldn't consider what I posted restoration photos either... Those are my shop jobs....

I really wouldn't mind hosting them all here... No advertisements or bandwidth constraints. Plus if you are running low on free cloud storage, there is always unlimited storage right here....

Also, just one central location for all the different galleries.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Re: This Forum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I also think it would be fun to add a poll to each refurb thread- "difficulty to shop".... We all know some of these take a lot longer than others....
Current Collection
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Great section! I like it 8-)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This is awesome! My next shop job I'll be sure to document a bit more than normal. Thanks for doing this, Tim!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

u2sean wrote:This is awesome! My next shop job I'll be sure to document a bit more than normal. Thanks for doing this, Tim!

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing.... I rarely take that many pics because I have done so many of them. I will start documenting more layouts/teardowns as well.
Current Collection
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

my next one to be done is Tales from the Crypt. I will probably start on it after Thanksgiving. I will try to remember to take lots of pictures.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

this is a GREAT addition. I am really bad at documenting but I will try to be better about it!

THANKS TIM!