Seattle Pinball Museum

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
chrisnack

Seattle Pinball Museum

Post by chrisnack »

Had the opportunity to stop by the Seattle Pinball Museum today while i'm out here on business. I spent 3 hours there and played every machine he had running, i played over 50 machines, i think there were only 2 or 3 that were down. The owner is super nice and totally average guy. He had machines from the 60s all the way up to new stuff. Everything was in very good condition and played very nice, just an awesome collection.

$13 to get in and all games were on free play. I even got a pinside discount. Spent the first 30 minutes just chatting the guy and then played at least one game on everything he had.

Got to play Indiana Jones for the first time, man that is a great machine! Really really enjoyed that one. Adams Family was good too, when i played that at Pooley's i didn't like it at all, was too dark. Playing it well lit here, it was a fun machine.

Anyways, if you are ever out in the Seattle area, make time to stop by, awesome dude, awesome place.
Current: Medieval Madness, Sinbad, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Former: Cleopatra, Joker Poker, Count-Down, Stargate, Road Show, Solar Ride, Attack from Mars LE, Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park
cad-kid

Re: Seattle Pinball Museum

Post by cad-kid »

Great review :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

The museum is great!

Sorry you dont like my TAF at Pooleys/ the lighting. It is a dark spot and TAF is notoriously dark (esp next to the new super bright Sterns), but it fits the theme well so I have not added any addioitnal internal spots. There is a knob for overhead lights at pooleys; dimmer switch up high on the wall to left of TAF >> feel free to ask the bar if you can turn it up as they do not mind at most times.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Hilton wrote:The museum is great!

Sorry you dont like my TAF at Pooleys/ the lighting. It is a dark spot and TAF is notoriously dark (esp next to the new super bright Sterns), but it fits the theme well so I have not added any addioitnal internal spots. There is a knob for overhead lights at pooleys; dimmer switch up high on the wall to left of TAF >> feel free to ask the bar if you can turn it up as they do not mind at most times.
Ah good to know. Just felt like it was hard to play when I couldn't see anything :) glad I was able to play it again, it is a good machine. Otherwise I just stared at the flippers and tried not to suck too bad :)
Former: Cleopatra, Joker Poker, Count-Down, Stargate, Road Show, Solar Ride, Attack from Mars LE, Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

chrisnack wrote:Otherwise I just stared at the flippers and tried not to suck too bad :)
You call that trying not to suck too bad? hahahaha
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

BrewNinja wrote:
chrisnack wrote:Otherwise I just stared at the flippers and tried not to suck too bad :)
You call that trying not to suck too bad? hahahaha
No comments from the peanut gallery... :)
slavall

Post by slavall »

Agree with the review as last May I had an opportunity to visit as well. Very friendly hosts, it was the wife and son while I was there, two levels of games, and a good selection of beers, some not available in Wisconsin. Would highly recommend if ever in the area. It is located in the Chinatown section of Seattle which is very interesting in its own right.
FH, FT, WCS94, R&B, FG