Advice on Paragon?

Hilton

Advice on Paragon?

Post by Hilton »

Howdy League guys. I figured this was a nice spot to get some advice that is not in the open public eye...

I wanted to get some feedback on pricing. I am taking a trip over to MI and IN next week and was contacted by a guy along the route that has a Paragon in avg or above avg condition. I am taking the minivan and have room to fit 3 games so it woudl be nice to fill up the van ;)

Fully works, 8/10 backglass, 8/10 playfield, recently fresh rubber and playing well.

I have not had a ton of time on the game but from what I have it seems fun.

What are your thoughts on price. Basically a clean and nice version but nothing outstanding.
Last edited by Hilton on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeS

Re: Advice on Paragon pricing?

Post by MikeS »

I sold mine a few years back for $750 which is probably a little nicer than the one your looking at as it had a 9.5 backglass, full flipper rebuilds and probably an 8 playfield and faded but nice cabinet.

I know prices have gone up somewhat on the older Bally titles but not as much as Sys11 and newer. I think Paragon is probably a $800-$1200 game now? The one your looking at is probably $850-$1000 if I were to guess? I do enjoy the game but wish it had voice/music instead of just beeps. It is a challenging game though and I wouldn't mind picking up another some day if the price were right.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Re: Advice on Paragon pricing?

Post by Hilton »

nice info.

GLAD to hear it is a game you would pick up again Mike. You and I tend to like similar games so if it is good enough that you would buy it again then that says alot. I have found the game challenging to play the few times I have been on one so that is very appealing. I also am missing futurespa and the ultrawidebody style.

Anyone else have any input? It is greatly appreciated.
Methos

Re: Advice on Paragon?

Post by Methos »

It's an early wide body - so most of those types of machines are slower than molasses. Having said that, when dialed in, they are very challenging, not long ball times. And the game has one of the most beautiful art packages I have seen. Early on, I looked for one. However, have had opportunities to pick one up since then and have passed. Agree with Mike on the pricing - this one because of the art - has a more elastic price to condition.