Calendar Location... Important!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Calendar Location... Important!

Post by administrator »

MattFlaco wrote:Hey Tim,

While you're working on Calendar stuff, would you mind adding the Ian's tournament on Feb 3rd? There will be on on March 3rd too.

Thanks,
-Matt.

Just did it for the first Tuesday of each month, if that isnt right, please let me know. Check the Calendar for accuracy, everything you had before should be on there.
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hilton wrote:Tim,

Let me know when it is time to repopulate it.

Also, any chance I can get access to the info in the old at the same time to help me repopulate?

I just repopulated most of it, and gave you editor access to your events. You should receive an email from the calendar stating you have rights to the calendar. I didnt put the Madrollin event on there, I saw the placeholder, but let you put the details on there. If you run into anything, or need assistance with anything, please let me know.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks Tim. I will check it out when I get some time to see if it all worked.

I appreciate the time you put into this and the calendar is a super useful feature!
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hilton wrote:thanks Tim. I will check it out when I get some time to see if it all worked.

I appreciate the time you put into this and the calendar is a super useful feature!

No problem... I should have gone with the Google Calendar from the start, but liked the forum integration of the old calendar. I had to rewrite the hell out of the old calendar just to make it work on here, and then with each security update, had to keep my fingers crossed it didnt break the calendar. the last one totally changed the way the site works on the backend, and I simply didnt feel like rewriting it all again... so Google it is....
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

A couple quick notes about the mobile version of Wisconsinpinball.com:

The calendar only displays Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with no option of scrolling or resizing. I'm running Android/Chrome on a Samsung S5.

The mobile site used to have the date/time stamp of the last post in each forum. This was a nice feature to see if any of the forums had any recent activity.

Thanks again for putting this site together.

Eric
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Eric_S wrote:A couple quick notes about the mobile version of Wisconsinpinball.com:

The calendar only displays Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with no option of scrolling or resizing. I'm running Android/Chrome on a Samsung S5.

The mobile site used to have the date/time stamp of the last post in each forum. This was a nice feature to see if any of the forums had any recent activity.

Thanks again for putting this site together.

Eric

Thanks Eric.... I changed the default view to agenda, now it looks like a nice clean scrolling list on a mobile device. People can change the view to monthly or weekly if they wish.

As far as the second goes, I know exactly what you are talking about, and that is something that changed with this update. They removed that feature on this update, and added a couple of other ones-notably, notification icons you can click on at the top that show activity on threads you posted in (which is actually pretty nice)...

Anything else, shoot me a line...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hey everyone.... some people have had some calendar confusion/questions come up in regards to the Google Calendar and I will try my best to clarify here-

For attendance tracking purposes, if you are invited to an event (this is mostly done with monthly leagues), you must be a user of the google calendar. What does this mean? You have to sign up with Google to use the calendar. It is quick and free, and doesn't require you to sign up with a Google account, only requirement is that you sign into Google calendar with whatever account you register with (Yahoo, MSN, etc.).

Once you are signed in with your credentials, you will then have the options for attendance and notes (guests, etc.). Also, if you do utilize google calendar and register your account and have a smartphone, you can then utilize the calendar features directly from your smartphone.

Any other questions, please let me know.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix