Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Methos

Re: Schwoegler's - more games coming soon!

Post by Methos »

Great news! I'll make it out there one of these days.....
Ran

Post by Ran »

So great!
I need to get out there to play some pinball on location.
How many of you guys are up for babysitting ;)
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

TWD and Rollergames have been added to the lineup at Schwoeglers! Happy flipping!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Tonight is the First Schoeglers tourney since RG and TWD have been added to the lineup there. Looking forward to it!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Getting out tonight after the week long death flu. Think I'm finally germ free enough to be in public. Just be gentle with me boys, you know because of my weakened state and all.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Gonna finally check out TWD and Rollergames tonight. Should be there around 6-6:30 if anyone is up for some multiplayer.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Ken

Post by Ken »

NoahK wrote:Gonna finally check out TWD and Rollergames tonight. Should be there around 6-6:30 if anyone is up for some multiplayer.

Stopped by there after a trip to the Apple store. TWD destroyed me. Tilt is set pretty tight too. They must not want Ryan playing free all day.

Also who is VAM? Lots of high scores on ACDC.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Got out there during lunch today. TWD and RG were both playing really well. I'm embarrassed how much money I can go through in 30 minutes..

Anyone have any tips on TWD? Seems like the MB stack and 2x playfield (lit by hitting standups on either side or prison?) would be ideal. Executing that plan has been difficult, however.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Got out there during lunch today. TWD and RG were both playing really well. I'm embarrassed how much money I can go through in 30 minutes..

Anyone have any tips on TWD? Seems like the MB stack and 2x playfield (lit by hitting standups on either side or prison?) would be ideal. Executing that plan has been difficult, however.
So far my strategy on TWD is ALL about stacking 2x pf with a MB. I have found that the Prison MB is best to go for but I have a tough time with the right ramp shot. Once in MB I do nothing but shot for the other MB to get it progressed.

My best games I have gotten add-a-ball during MB which also turns back on ball saver for a bit.

We actually have the tilt on TWD set quite a bit looser because it is a very active game and needs lots of nudging. The left drain is brutal so I find I am nudging LOTS to keep it away.

Other thing is if you light the blue bicycle girl at left ram then just shot it over and over. Repeated shots will grow value quickly.

Last tip is pay attention to inlane "x" which double the next switch hit. This is a pretty cool thing about the game and lots of strategy when to NOT use it or when to cash in.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:
NoahK wrote:Gonna finally check out TWD and Rollergames tonight. Should be there around 6-6:30 if anyone is up for some multiplayer.

Stopped by there after a trip to the Apple store. TWD destroyed me. Tilt is set pretty tight too. They must not want Ryan playing free all day.

Also who is VAM? Lots of high scores on ACDC.

Sorry I missed you. I was out from 4-5ish. We actually have the tilt set reasonably loose (my opinion; but much looser than every other game in the line up) on TWD as it is a game that tends to need more nudging. No idea whom VAM is???
Ken

Post by Ken »

Must have just missed Dave as I was also there around lunch. Tried the tacos. Was pleased by the fresh onions.
Tilt bob on TWD must swing longer than. Ran into another player While there. We both got destroyed by TWD. Hope he did better after I left. ;)
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

There were couple other people playing while I was there last night, though I didn't get to say hi since everyone was actively playing whenever I was between games. Rollergames was pretty fun, though I still need to learn the rules. TWD kicked my ass pretty hard. Out of the six games I played, my best score was just under 6 million. It was weird because about 75% of my balls ended up with ball saves, most of the time from going down the left outlane. Also, can someone explain how to not lose your ball at the start of the Prison mode (at least I think this is the start of the Prison mode)? Both times I started it, the magnet in the middle drops the ball down between the flippers. The only way to save it would be to violently nudge the machine to one side, but I have never heard of a machine that required nudging.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

NoahK wrote:Also, can someone explain how to not lose your ball at the start of the Prison mode (at least I think this is the start of the Prison mode)? Both times I started it, the magnet in the middle drops the ball down between the flippers. The only way to save it would be to violently nudge the machine to one side, but I have never heard of a machine that required nudging.
At this point it is really something that needs a code revision and will hopefully be updated in the next code drop. All the code needs is a quick double pulse of the magnet after realease and that will largely avoid the SDTM drains at start of Prison. I have had very good luck with tapping the flippers a bit while the ball is on the mag and just before release. This seems to impart a little back and forth inertia so when the ball releases the single pulse pulls it off center a little bit. I only lose about 1/10 SDTM after doing this little 'trick'. If I see you out theri I can try and demonstrate for you as may be easier than explaing in text.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Thanks. I'll have to give that a try next time.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Taxi is now out at Schwoeglers, total of 7 machines. Enjoy, everyone! If you find any issues just let us know!

Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem